Cloth Diapering

Favorite cover for newborn stage

What's your favorite OS or sized cover for the newborn stage? I would prefer covers that are NOT just newborn size as I tend to have larger babies :

I use them over snappied prefolds/flats and fitteds :
image imageimage

Re: Favorite cover for newborn stage

• NVandGZNVandGZ
    500 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well (at least on my LO), and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image NVandGZ:
    There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well at least on my LO, and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.

I have been looking at these! We used flip covers with my LO but they were too bulky. I was hoping to hear the size 1 duos got small enough without being too bulky for a newborn!
    image imageimage
  • I loved mythirties duo covers and they fit from birth! They still fit now with DS 4 months old, 15 lbs, and 26 inches long.
    image image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image NVandGZ:
    There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well (at least on my LO), and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.

Same here.  Love the Thirsties Duo.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used Thirsties Duos. I would get aplix - I have snaps and don't love doing up snaps 16 times a day.

I also had Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. You could go to size Small rather than NB to get more mileage. 

• I have a few swaddlebees that I almost never use because they're so bulky.  I also have some rumparooz, which are ok.  Then there's my thirsties duos! Like everyone else, I love them and they are my go-to cover.  I just bought 2 more so I could avoid using my other covers :)
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wasn't a fan of Bummis nb, it was too big and then too small in no time. I LOVE my rumparooz nb. It has 2 rows of rise snaps so it fit at birth under the cord and still fit at 12 weeks, but I packed them away at that point because I had so many OS.
  • doeie04doeie04
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    I like my Bummis super brite. I dislike the Bummis super whisper wrap, it isn't slick on the inside and can't be wiped out. It's some sort of fabric.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Mind you my LO isn't here yet but I love the quality of my Blueberry Mini-Coveralls.  They are cut a little bigger too.
    image imageimage

DS born 9/14/13 - MSPI cleared at 6 months
    NTNP #2 since 10/2013 because we are crazy like that
  • Thirsties Duo size 1s have been great so far.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!