Cloth Diapering

Favorite cover for newborn stage

What's your favorite OS or sized cover for the newborn stage? I would prefer covers that are NOT just newborn size as I tend to have larger babies :

I use them over snappied prefolds/flats and fitteds :
image imageimage

Re: Favorite cover for newborn stage

• There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well (at least on my LO), and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.
  • imageNVandGZ:
    There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well at least on my LO, and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.

I have been looking at these! We used flip covers with my LO but they were too bulky. I was hoping to hear the size 1 duos got small enough without being too bulky for a newborn!
    image imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved mythirties duo covers and they fit from birth! They still fit now with DS 4 months old, 15 lbs, and 26 inches long.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNVandGZ:
    There's the Thirsties Duo. It comes in two sizes, and probably the favorite of all my covers. We waited to start the cloth until he was a couple weeks old though. They are not as bulky as the one size covers for a newborn, fit well (at least on my LO), and the gussets have kept the poop in on more than one occasion.

Same here.  Love the Thirsties Duo.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used Thirsties Duos. I would get aplix - I have snaps and don't love doing up snaps 16 times a day.

I also had Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. You could go to size Small rather than NB to get more mileage. 

• I have a few swaddlebees that I almost never use because they're so bulky.  I also have some rumparooz, which are ok.  Then there's my thirsties duos! Like everyone else, I love them and they are my go-to cover.  I just bought 2 more so I could avoid using my other covers :)
  • I wasn't a fan of Bummis nb, it was too big and then too small in no time. I LOVE my rumparooz nb. It has 2 rows of rise snaps so it fit at birth under the cord and still fit at 12 weeks, but I packed them away at that point because I had so many OS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like my Bummis super brite. I dislike the Bummis super whisper wrap, it isn't slick on the inside and can't be wiped out. It's some sort of fabric.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Thirsties Duo size 1s have been great so far.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"