November 2012 Moms

I'm so upset ::sorry long::

having a bad night. need to vent. need some support. DD has been in bed since 8 but has been extremely fussy all night. I've been putting her paci in and shushing her back to sleep multiple times an hour. finally at midnight it was no longer working.

I'm upset because this is not normal for her. she's acting out of character. something seems wrong. DH wakes up and pisses me off. tells me she's fine. she's just having a bad night. she must be hungry. or she must have a belly ache. he tells me to stop stressing out and being so dramatic. it's not that big of deal. we get in a huge fight. which, for the record, we never fight. in fact I think this is the first time he has ever yelled at me. ::sadz::

I have been dairy free for months now. I've tested giving her some frozen milk with dairy and she seemed ok with it. so the past few days I've added hidden dairy back into my diet. not a lot. but one or two things. some bread. some chips. etc. of course, she starts acting fussy and I automatically think it must be the dairy. but this was not the first day my diet had changed. I ate the same things today that I did yesterday. so I'm not sure what to think.

all I know is DH yelled at me. pulled the covers over his head and went back to sleep. I'm sitting in bed crying and BF DD even though I don't think she is hungry. I have a feeling she's going to be up all night. and I don't know if I can make it another 6 months dairy free :/

sorry this is long and probably doesn't make a lot of sense. I just needed to get it out and the one person who always makes me feel better has just made me feel worse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm so upset ::sorry long::

• I am so sorry I know how crappy it feels when your partner is not supportive.  :(  I decided recently that when baby girl is having a bad day/night... I won't push it for her toget on my schedule.. i'll take her for face value and give her what she needs/wants.. even if it messes with her 'Schedule" ... although being a SAHM I have a little more leeway

For your DH... let the emotions cool an then find a way to let him know he hurt your feelings... because once he knows that it will open the communications. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• while I search for a gif to make you smile I leave you with this:

• Does this help?

• thanks credcat! I appreciate it! everything always seems worse in the MOTN when you should be sleeping. I just need to suck up the fact that it's prob gonna be a long night and take care of DD the best I can.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fussy babies that won't sleep are bad.

Fussy babies that won't sleep in the MOTN are one million times worse.

It sucks that our LOs can't tell us what's wrong. Things would be so much easier.

I'm sorry you're having a rough night.

Big Hugs.

• I am so sorry. Words said in anger between bedtime and morning coffee shouldn't count as much when you have a little baby. Hopefully things will go better once you talk about it when you're more awake. DH and I never fight either, so I would take him yelling at me very hard, too. Creepy internet hugs.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry. It's so hard to know that something just isn't right with LO and not knowing how to fix it. Fussy babies put a magnifying glass on our emotions, and it becomes a million times worse in the muddle of the night when you should be sleeping. hugs

I'm so sorry DH hurt you, I know how hurtful unrhiighful and inking words can be, especially when ae're already tired and frustrated.

I hope You get some sleep. You CAN do this!
  • jg1011jg1011
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary

I'm so sorry that DH hurt you. It just compounds everything else going on.  Crying uncomfortable babies bring out the worst in all of us.....especially in the MOTN. 

I hope that tomorrow is better for all of you. Be sure to try to talk to him tomorrow when you are both calm. I bet he will feel bad too.

For now, hugs for you. I hope the night got better.  

img_0068 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thank you all for the kind words! feeling a bit better after a couple hours of sleep. hopefully DH and I will be good as new in the morning.

as I sit here feeding Lu again, I can hear and feel her little belly gurgling :/ I've been eating this bread that contains milk in it for a week now. it never seemed to affect her. yesterday and today, I had a hand full of Doritos. really?! a few Doritos are possibly upsetting her this badly? I also had some breaded mushrooms at dinner which said they contained milk. that's it. otherwise I've been eating all the same boring nondairy foods as usual. lol. so I'm not sure what to make of this. I guess if it keeps from having another night like this, the Doritos can wait another 6 months :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • GargitaGargita
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    I hope Lu feels better! Sorry to hear about your rough night. I hope all is well with you and DH.

image   My chart 

• tngrl3tngrl3
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sorry you had a rough night. Hope that you and little one were able to get some rest and that this morning things are better.
    imageimage Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image gnomemom:
    I am so sorry. Words said in anger between bedtime and morning coffee shouldn't count as much when you have a little baby. Hopefully things will go better once you talk about it when you're more awake. DH and I never fight either, so I would take him yelling at me very hard, too. Creepy internet hugs.

This. MOTN makes everything seem worse, and tension is heightened.

I hope you and L feel better soon!

• Sorry, you had a rough night. I hope things are getting better. Like others have said, things seem so much worse in the middle of the night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• I feel ya on the dairy free thing. It's so tough and I am constantly paranoid that I'm accidentally eating the hidden stuff even though I check labels. Formula sounds way easier sometimes but I know too that BF'ing can be incredible at soothing and don't know what I'd do without it. Also the sounds of DH snoring or ignoring me when nights are rough can be so aggravating! I know he works the next day but I do too, being a SAHM is a job as well. Men are very quick to dismiss things because babies have bad nights. Easy for them to say when they are the ones sleeping. Hope this morning and the rest of the day go easer! And I find that usually a rough night is followed by a good night!
  • image gnomemom:
    I am so sorry. Words said in anger between bedtime and morning coffee shouldn't count as much when you have a little baby. Hopefully things will go better once you talk about it when you're more awake. DH and I never fight either, so I would take him yelling at me very hard, too. Creepy internet hugs.
      Creepy internet hugs from me, too!!

FWIW, you dairy free girls are my heros.  That is no joke hard as hell and not something I could do.  You're a champ!

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Aww, hon. Hope it was just a fluke thing.  Sorry you had a tough night. Hugs!