Baby Names

Thoughts on Gracelyn?

I love the name Grace for our baby girl, but it's so popular. So what do you think about Gracelyn? Her middle name would be Elizabeth. So Gracelyn Elizabeth.

Re: Thoughts on Gracelyn?

• IdaniIdani
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers

Grace > Gracelyn.

Gracelyn seems trendy and will be dated IMO.  Also it sounds like Graceland to me. Which then I think about Elvis and it just isn't good.  Grace is classic.

Little Dude '09 Littlest Dude '12
  • My first thought is Graceland and Elvis.
  • I love Grace, but not a fan of Gracelyn.  It reminds me of Graceland.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Blech. I really don't like it. It just sounds like a smoosh name. I don't get the trend of tacking -lyn on to every name. That and I just hear Graceland.

Grace is fine. 
    • • •
    monster '06 | peanut '09 | bones '12 | little ass kicker '13
    "Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" Alfred Tennyson
    TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section
    TB FAQ Section
  • I don't like it at all. Reminds me of Graceland. And with all the kids running around named Grace, Gray, and Grayson and all other variations, I don't think it stands out either. If you want something not popular, then choose a different name, imo. Otherwise stick with Grace- it's a lovely name.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~

• It's becoming trendy to stick a -lyn on whatever and call it a name.  Grace is timeless; Grace will sound dated to the 2010s in a few decades.
    image  image

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015

• image caittozer:
    My first thought is Graceland and Elvis.

This.  Grace is a beautiful and classy name. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It makes me think of Graceland too. I'd find a different name if you aren't sold on Grace.

• I think Grace sounds better than Gracelyn.

Grace Elizabeth is classic and lovely.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Terrible. Just terrible. I hear Graceland like Elvis.

Grace Elizabeth is beautiful and classic. I wouldn't worry about popularity

• Every time I hear the name Gracelyn I think Graceland. I like the name I just can't get myself to stop thinking of Elvis's mansion.
  • Trendy blah. Grace is nice on its own without slapping a trendy suffix on it that will only serve to make the name sound incredibly dated in 20 years.

And yes, Graceland. I started humming Paul Simon.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I have a friend whose DD is named Gracelyn and she is adorable, so I have good associations with it in that regard. But I do think it looks trendy and don't think it will age particularly well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dislike it. Sounds made up. Grace Elizabeth is much better!

• Grace is a classic, beautiful name. Gracelyn is a made up, trendy name. Please just stick with Grace.
    5 losses and several failed cycles
    2 miracles
    J born 4/19/10
    A born 5/16/13
  • It sounds a bit made up, and it makes me think of Graceland. Gracelyn Elizabeth is also a bit of a mouthful, sorry
    Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • bsinnobsinno
    1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think its sort of a mouthful. I know a little girl, er...I guess shes a teenager now!- named Gracen. Maybe consider that if you want something a little different?
  • image mj.reilly:
    Blech. I really don't like it. It just sounds like a smoosh name. I don't get the trend of tacking -lyn on to every name. That and I just hear Graceland.

Grace is fine. 

Ditto 

• image caittozer:

Ditto. Not a fan of Gracelyn.  

imageimage 

For ARMCHAIR RE

The Bump is not your personal Google. It's a community. Communities have rules and cultures. Get to know ours before you tell us how mean we are, how you feel sorry for our husbands, and how our infertility is caused by snark

New to the 3T board? *~*~*~*Click HERE first!*~*~*~*

Losing the fight against my ovaries  33 34 months and counting

Me: PCOS secondary to Hashimoto's (thyroid), endometrial hyperplasia, and a blocked tube

DH-low motility and poor morphology

My long and convoluted 7 month testing history can be found HERE

Short story: if you've been trying for over a year, go straight to an RE. Don't waste time with an OB

Treatment History 

Medicated Cycle #1 (8/2013) 100mg Clomid , Stair-step to 150mg Clomid+ TI=  No Response
    Medicated Cycle #2, 3, 4 (9/13 10/13 11/13) 5mg Femara + TI + Ovidrel= BFN/No Response
    IUI #1 (1/14) 5mg Femara (CD3-CD7) + Follistim (50/100/150/200/250IU) = Over responded
    IUI #2 (3/14) 27 days of Follistim 50/75/100/150/200 (5 follies) + Lurpon+ IUI (12.5m motile) = BFN
    CYCLING AT CNY IN NOVEMBER 2014! Scratch that. Cycling with our RE who offered us a discount

imageimage
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! 

Eff YOU Uterus: The Blog             image               Pinterest

"Fuck twins, it's a litter of kittens."- WQ

"Apparently, mine doesn't deserve luxury. I have an economy vag.- Bibliothecary

"On the way down the banister of life may your ass collect a thousand splinters."- DarcyHermione

• image caittozer:

Yep, me too. I do not like it. Grace is much better IMO. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Horrible. Grace is a beautiful, classic name. Stick with that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image salt78:
    Horrible. Grace is a beautiful, classic name. Stick with that.

This. It just seems unnecessary! Grace is a beautiful, timeless, classic name and the trendiness of the lyn and the blatant Elvis Graceland association robs it of its beauty. I have grace on my list for sure!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kate: 22  DH: 23
    Married: 6.14.14
    TTC coming soon!

Daisypath - Personal pictureimage

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

• image Idani:
    Grace gt; Gracelyn. Gracelyn seems trendy and will be dated IMO.nbsp; Also it sounds like Graceland to me. Which then I think about Elvis and it just isn't good.nbsp; Grace is classic.

This!
    Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• How about a name that means grace?  Like Carissa?

• image LeahB12:
    Grace is a classic, beautiful name. Gracelyn is a made up, trendy name. Please just stick with Grace.

Agreed

• Grace is classic and beautiful. Gracelyn is super trendy and popular and just ... no. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love love love it!!!
    Mama Megan