Birthday Parties

Favors and activities?

I am stumped on favors for my daughter's birthday. Right now there is a wide range of kids coming.

Three 2 year olds, two 5 year olds, three 8 year olds and a 10 year old.

We are doing a classic Sesame Street party--my daughter likes the older characters--not so much the new ones.

My friend (whose 2 kids are coming) were asking about games--I didn't even think of games! I was going to have more activities set up--coloring pages and crayons, basketball (we have a hoop), swing set, sidewalk chalk, bubbles. I just really didn't feel like herding and corralling toddlers into games, and I figured the older kids would enjoy the swing set/basketball hoop stuff.

Any ideas? 

My daughter is my hero.

Re: Favors and activities?

• Given the range of ages you have, I wouldn't worry about games....I think you're right that the bigger kids will just play basketball or play on the swings.

We also did a Sesame theme for DS's last bday and had a range of kid ages to cover with favors.  I put a mini pack of chips ahoy cookies with a Cookie Monster head stapled to the package, a mini pack of goldfish, a slinky, a large bouncy ball, bubbles, crayons, and Sesame crazy straws.  We got all the toys at Party City and the goldfish and cookies at Target. 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For favors I love color books and crayons. You can get $1 color books at Target and fun themed crayola crayon boxes for $1 each like pirate, princess colors etc Its not in the $1 section but back in the color aisle. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't bother about activities, given the wide age range, having different options for the kids to entertain themselves is good enough

I'm a fan of edible favors + 1 or 2 small themed toy that could be bubbles, cheap book, coloring book, ball, small character, gadget... being SS your theme it should be easy enough to find a big variety of items with SS characters on them

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • wedseptwedsept member
    Target has a lot of Sesame Street stuff in the dollar bins.  There are books, water books, etc.
  • I like to give Earth's Best Fruit Smooties for favors.  I will either go somewhere like Target to get a good price or get a pack of the smoothies on Diapers.com. 

https://www.diapers.com/p/earths-best-fruit-yogurt-smoothie-strawberry-banana-105496

I also like to give snack packs of Earth's Best Cookies:

https://www.diapers.com/p/earths-best-letter-of-the-day-cookies-vanilla-snack-pack-6314

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • imagewedsept:
    Target has a lot of Sesame Street stuff in the dollar bins.  There are books, water books, etc.

This.  I feel like we get one of the $1 Sesame Street books every time we head to Target.  My son loves them.

The other thing I would suggest for favors are maybe cds of Sesame Street music.  This should be fairly easy to make yourself, and kids like music!

I think your activities sound fine.  Games seem a little advanced for a 2 year old's party.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check out the link in my siggy for some party favor ideas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For favors, I just came across something I think would be a really good idea. I was eating goldfish the other day and you could design your own bag with your LO's picture on it. I think it costs $1 per container and it is a nice take home. What child (over the age of 18months) doesn't like goldfish?! Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"