January 2013 Moms
Options

Heads up!?

I read the Exesaucer post and noticed that many of you mentioned your LO's are now in jumparoos and bumbos. Just wondering at how many weeks your LO's started holding their heads up? DS was 3 months on Sunday and can hold his head up for short periods but not enough that I can put him in anything besides bouncer or swing yet. Just curious Thanx!

Re: Heads up!?

• Options
    DS was holding his head up really early, like 6 weeks. Not all that steady but he would pick it up and look around a bit
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Really early, like in the first month! All babies go at their own pace though, I wouldn't compare too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    DS has been holding his head up since he was a few days old - not perfect neck control, but in pushing his head up to "look around" almost.  Only for a second or two.  Around 8 weeks or so, he started getting pretty good control of it.  I still don't trust him completely in a bumbo or jumperoo (which we only tried out recently).
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Eight weeks, IIRC. But I thought that was early.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I don't remember exactly but at his two month appointment his pedi commented that he had good head control. He picked is head up and looked around while we were still in the hospital. He does okay in the bumbo but gets bored after a whole. A few weeks ago I put him in a bouncer/walker (?) thing and his was kind of small for it so I put a towel under his butt and one on the tray of the walker in case he fell forward, but he never did.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    umm i think lo was about 3 months when he really started to hold his head up. he just never wanted to be laying down in one spot. he always wants to be up and see whats going on. but i will put him in his bouncer for as long as he wants to be in there. that is the thing hes really liking at the moment. and he normally sits in his bumbo when im making dinner.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has been holding his head since day 1, though obviously without a tonne of control.  He's had good control since around 6 weeks, but we only just started him on the jumperoo around 11 weeks.  He's 13 weeks now and he goes in it for a short amount of time each day as he is still wobbly at times.  When on his stomach he can usually holds his head up for 10-15 minutes and can push his chest right off the floor for a minute at a time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD started at around 6 weeks maybe before. But all babies are different.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    EagsEags member
    image2013mommy:

imageEags:
    DS has been holding his head up since he was a few days old - not perfect neck control, but in pushing his head up to "look around" almost.&nbsp; Only for a second or two.&nbsp; Around 8 weeks or so, he started getting pretty good control of it.&nbsp; I still don't trust him completely in a bumbo or jumperoo (which we only tried out recently).

DS is like this. He picked his head up for a couple of seconds at 1 day old and the nurse kind of gasped when she saw him do it Stick out tongue We've had a Bumbo seat since Easter but it's only been the last couple of weeks that he can tolerate it for prolonged periods and only if he's not tired ... I sat him in it once when it was close to him needing a nap and he just slumps over to one side! And I don't think he could handle a jumperoo at all yet! &nbsp;

This is exact what DS does, which is why I don't trust him completely. I'm worried he'll slump over and sling his neck in the process!
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    Every baby is different. My son was holding his neck up almost since birth. It had nothing to do with anything I did. It wasn't the way I held him, or tummy time, etc. He was just born with great neck/head control. My first son was the same way. That being said, it is still normal for them to not be ready for exersaucers/Bumbos. You should see some improvement in head control, but 3 months is still young for those products. I would have held off on my jumperoo, but he was ready for it. I am sure that you baby will be ready within a month or so. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They all hold their heads up soon after birth, it's just stability and control that takes time.  DD is still a bit wobbly, but its not her head I'm so worried about as her trunk.  They also need core strength to sit up in those. She can do the bumbo for 10-15 mins. 

Exersaucers and jumpers are recommended for babies 4 months and up so I'm waiting until then. 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"