May 2013 Moms

NBR: What TV shows do you watch?

I'm thinking I need to start DVRing in prep for late night breastfeeding marathons.

Right now I'm enjoying:

The Following, Scandal and The Americans (all wrapping up for the season). My guilty pleasure shows are Ready for Love (is anyone watching this?! I actually really like it), and the occasional Real Housewives. I also usually like Celebrity Aprentice but this season has put me over the Gary Busse edge, I can barely stand to watch the train wreck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: What TV shows do you watch?

• I'm a Real Housewives fan...

I vote that you download the first seasons of Downton Abbey and get into that! Oh, it's sooo good!

I also like Homeland and The Big C.
  • I almost hate to admit it, but I watch Duck Dynasty.  It's like an addiction.  I also watch CSI and Criminal Minds, and I can watch HGTV and the Cooking Channel for hours- as long its not landscaping shows.
  • Loading the player...
  • Law & Order SVU, NCIS, and CSI marathons can occupy me for a hours at a time. They will probably get me through my nightly breastfeedings. 

Im also a big fan of the voice & super excited for Americas Got talent to start, so they both will be dvred for future viewings. Along with Say YES to the dress & Long Island Medium.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagemistysmclaury:
    I almost hate to admit it, but I watch Duck Dynasty.  It's like an addiction.  I also watch CSI and Criminal Minds, and I can watch HGTV and the Cooking Channel for hours- as long its not landscaping shows.

Why would you hate to admit that you watch Duck Dynasty?  It's pretty awesome!

OP, I would definitely recommend Downton Abbey.  So good.

Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageLaineyPaney:
    I'm a Real Housewives fan... I vote that you download the first seasons of Downton Abbey and get into that! Oh, it's sooo good! I also like Homeland and The Big C.

Good call on DA - I have actually been meaning to do that for awhile now, so perfect timing!

We LOVE Homeland, and also Dexter. Those are the only 2 Showtime shows that we are into so we order premium channels for the duration of the episodes and then cancel ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have Netflix?  It's easy to get hooked on shows on there too.

Melrose Place

Roswell

Buffy

Desperate Housewives

Lost

BabyName Ticker
  • pnutgpnutg member
    All the Real Housewives, The Client List, Nashville, Criminal Minds and the occasional American Pickers! But I watch them all weekly so I will have nothing saved up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Downton Abbey is great!  Also, if you have the TV connected to the internet or I think you can do it on the iPad and have Amazon Prime you can get shows off there and I'm pretty sure it has Downton.  

I watch Once Upon a Time, The Mentalist, Dexter, Shameless, Californication, How I Met Your Mother, The Middle, Modern Family, Shark Tank, and some Bravo shows.

• I love the Americans, Hannibal, Once Upon a Time, Grimm and Being Human and of course can't forget True Blood...I like the fantasy/sci-fi stuff as you can tell
  • Way too many TV shows. It's sad.

My faves are Blue Bloods, Bones, NCIS, Smash, Glee, and Grey's.

I'm eager for Downton to come back.

I've been holding off on watching Psych for a while, so I can marathon it when I'm breastfeeding.  

I've been on a Netflix SciFi kick. Just finished Season 4 of BBC's Merlin. And now I'm watching the 1st season of Continuum (Canadian).

I go through teeny bopper phases, like Australia's Dance Academy. lol. But I can not stand stuff like Teen Mom.

I used to love Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, etc. But I swear pregnancy has changed my tastes, and now I can't get into it.

Oh, and I love to yell at the TV when I'm watching HGTV. Specifically during House Hunters, Property Brothers, and Love it or List it. People are ABSURD on those shows! 

• Bates Motel 

Real Housewives - OC, Beverly Hills and NJ

Teen Mom

Anything on the ID channel

House hunting shows on HGTV 

Rules of Engagement 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Right now DH and I are finishing up Walking Dead and we are watching Game of Thrones.

On my own I watch Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time and True Blood

I plan on starting to watch Dr. Who and DA.

I used to watch Dexter and Glee but I just lost interest I guess. We don't watch much TV.

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't watch much tv but when I do it's cooking and home improvement shows.
  • OMG, Duck Dynasty is sooooooo funny!

Very staged, I'm sure.... but funny!

• We live the Following and are bummed it is over. We will try to catch the latest season of breaking bad as well as American horror story asylum

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Duck dynasty 100 but then again I am all about the Camo, anyone else like me there are two new series chasing tails which is great and American hoggers which I haven't watched a lot of yet. I also like pawn stars its really educational and storage wars. I despise the other pawn show now though the one in detroit to much drama. Also anyone who is into realestate looking to get a bigger nest now that your family is bigger usually there are some good home shows on at night and its always good to get more info on that so you look at more of the house then what you have to paint.

As far as other tv shows I like bones and pretty little liars, and Gilmore girls reruns

My advice is if you cannot find something new to watch take some of your babyshower gift cards get a DVD player and some season set or movies and just pop a DVD in. Can't hurt and technically you are still using the gift cards for the baby! Plus no commericials BONUS!
  • Game of Thrones

True Blood

Mad Men

Walking Dead

Boardwalk Empire

American Horror Story 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

This discussion has been closed.