January 2013 Moms

Vacation Ideas

I took some time off in July for the weekend of the 4th and would love to do something low key and mellow with the hubs and the baby. Any ideas? What are your summer vacation plans?

Re: Vacation Ideas

• Well when I'm done being a milk cow, DH and I are going away to a golf resort for a long weekend. He's going to golf, I'm going to lay by the pool and go to the spa. Grandma already said she'll babysit DS. Hoping August at the latest.
  • We are going to Ocean City MD at the end of Julyfor a family reunion but staying for a week.  We rented a house with my parents and 2 of my sisters.  I can't wait to dip her little toes in the ocean for the first time!  I'm planning on spending most of that week on the beach/on a boat.  Plus, with family there, we can have some babysitters so DH and I can go out on our own one night. I'm also planning on weaning around mid-July so I don't need to worry about pumping on vaca.  I might be more excited for that than for the actual vacation Surprise

~*June 2015 December Siggy Challenge*~

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of now we just plan on going up North with DH's family to their cottage.  It is fun but stressful because there are way too many people staying in one house.  We may add in another long weekend somewhere but who knows.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11/2010- Diagnosed with PCOS
    BFP #1 10/10/2011 EDD 6/19/2012;Natural M/C 10/31/2011 @ 8wks
    BFP #2 5/10/2012 EDD 1/14/2013: Baby Girl born 1/12/2013
  • I got nothing. No vacation here. There are two days a month my boss requires me to work all day, the 1st and 16th, or whatever week days are by there because of billing. I will be working all day the first, my bday :( ugh. But I won't even have been back to work for a month at that point so I am trying to get over it/suck it up. I keep telling myself at a certain point you're too old to ask for your bday off, right? 

Sorry I only associate the 4th with my bday ha! We will probably just go to my mom's for a bbq like we always do. But, have fun on your break, I'm sure it will feel so good by time it gets here!

• EagsEags
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    I would love to take a long weekend trip to the beach, but we'll see.  If we do, I'm not sure how nursing/pumping will go.  I guess I'll just do it minimally and pray that my lacking supply doesn't tank when I do it.  I'm pumping every 2-3 hours now and there's no way I'm running in off the beach to pump that often... it takes 30 min just to down to the beach from the room (swimsuits, sunscreen, gathering stuff, etc).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3 rounds medicated cycles + TI = BFNs and 1 c/p at 4w1d
    3rd cycle of Femera + Novarel + IUI = BFP!! EDD - 1/21/13
    Beta 14DPO - 132; Beta 16DPO - 311
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Love & luck to my Golden Girls <3<br> *Waiting for Baby Eags*;
  • Our DC is closed the week of the 4th and it's also my birthday week :)  Turns out, DHs brother, wife and 2 daughters as well as his sister and her husband had all planned a trip to the beach (OBX) that week, and invited us along.  I found a separate place for us nearby, so we'll have a quiet place but can still hang out with them for part of the time. 

We had talked about some bigger trips, but figure it's better to start small with a relaxing, low activity destination.  We'll go to the aquarium and on a lunch cruise...oh, and DH and I will have a date night for my birthday since his family wil be there!

BFP #1 - EDD 6/26/12, natural MC
    BFP #2 - EDD 1/2/13, DD born 12/22/12
    BFP #3 - EDD 8/5/15, chemical pregnancy

• image TarHeelMomToBe:

Our DC is closed the week of the 4th and it's also my birthday week :)  Turns out, DHs brother, wife and 2 daughters as well as his sister and her husband had all planned a trip to the beach (OBX) that week, and invited us along.  I found a separate place for us nearby, so we'll have a quiet place but can still hang out with them for part of the time. 

We had talked about some bigger trips, but figure it's better to start small with a relaxing, low activity destination.  We'll go to the aquarium and on a lunch cruise...oh, and DH and I will have a date night for my birthday since his family wil be there!

What day? I am the 1st :) 

• we are going on a week vacation in august to st louis. we will be bringing  LO to a cardinals game, the zoo and the bud brewery..... i really hope he does ok on this trip! im most concerned that he will get bored at the baseball game and want to be everywhere.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We booked a little trip to Newport, RI over labor day weekend (also my 30th bday). We're going to make the decision then whether to bring DS or not-- will depend if I'm still BFing and how we feel then. I think my MIL will watch him in case.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Brendamndz:
    image TarHeelMomToBe:

Our DC is closed the week of the 4th and it's also my birthday week :)  Turns out, DHs brother, wife and 2 daughters as well as his sister and her husband had all planned a trip to the beach (OBX) that week, and invited us along.  I found a separate place for us nearby, so we'll have a quiet place but can still hang out with them for part of the time. 

What day? I am the 1st :) 

I'm the 3rd :) 

BFP #1 - EDD 6/26/12, natural MC
    BFP #2 - EDD 1/2/13, DD born 12/22/12
    BFP #3 - EDD 8/5/15, chemical pregnancy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards