April 2013 Moms

Stimulating baby

With an infant that sleeps eats and pottys most of the time what can you do to stimulate them while they are alert and awake? We have enjoyed putting her in the boppi and listening to pandoras Einstein kids music, other ideas?
Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stimulating baby

• Just let her eat and a sleep. At this age, newborns don't really need "stimulation" as you're describing. Nursing/eating and cuddling are actually all the forms of stimulation they need. Too much other stimuli can be overwhelming. You'll know when it's time to bring in more play time (like when she's staring at you after a feeding like, "now what??" lol)
    "I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 10/22/13 - 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

• We would sing and hold his hands and read lots of books, talk about the day, etc. Now that LO is a bit older, he is much more alert during awaketime. He now enjoys the bouncy chair with dangling toys to look and swat at... and he has a play mat same thing with the toys. I still read and sing a ton when he's awake.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • image OhSewCrafty:
    Just let her eat and a sleep. At this age, newborns don't really need "stimulation" as you're describing. Nursing/eating and cuddling are actually all the forms of stimulation they need. Too much other stimuli can be overwhelming. You'll know when it's time to bring in more play time (like when she's staring at you after a feeding like, "now what??" lol)

This. I also talk to my baby a lot when he's awake. 

Amanda

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We're working on pre-algebra during her down time.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.