Colorado Babies
Options

Having Twins! Need OB and Hospital Recommendations for Broomfield/Louisville/Boulder Area

Just found out we are having twins!  My original plan for a singleton pregnancy was to go with Boulder Midwives, but they don't take twin deliveries.  So I need some help.  

Looking for your favorite OB who will do twin deliveries in the Broomfield/Louisville/Boulder area.  I really want to find someone who is open to doing vaginal deliveries (if the stars align).  I am also very interested in experiences at area hospitals for twin deliveries.  I believe the NICU at Avista and Good Sam are both Level III and Boulder Foothills is Level II (unfortunately something you have to worry about when you are expecting twins).

Would love any insight!  Thanks!! 

Re: Having Twins! Need OB and Hospital Recommendations for Broomfield/Louisville/Boulder Area

• Options

I am going to Dr. Karen Spears with Avista Womens Care in Lafayette.  She delivers at Avista Adventist Hospital in Louisville - which has a great maternity wing with beautiful suites for the mothers.  I would check into her - she has been fabulous thus far!

Congrats on your twins!! 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    Hi.  I had twins a year ago and would highly recommend my OB Dr.  The practice is called The Women's Health Group in Thornton.  I delivered at North Suburban.  The OB unit at that hospital has a great reputation and as a nurse myself, I would refer everyone.  It is a smaller delivery area but I was absolutely confident with all of my care from Dr's to nurses!!! My Dr. was Stephen Volin but I also saw Dr. Naake.  Both were awesome!!  FYI- I was planning a vaginal delivery too but my twins were not in position so I had a c-section at 35w4d.  It was way easier than my 2 vaginal deliveries and my scar is barely visible now. Let me know if you have any other questions.  I'd be happy to answer any twin stuff! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"