Special Needs

Self Care Check-In

Last week's challenge was to slow down.  How did you do?

If you didn't do last week's challenge, what else did you do in the realm of self care?

This week's challenge:  Last monday of the month - create your own challenge.

image      image      image

Re: Self Care Check-In

• I'm still lifting weights, it's been keeping my frustration in check and gives me something to look forward to on hard says.

This week I'm going to buy a new a new book and take some time to read.
  • I can't remember what I did last week. I just know I went out of town for 2 days.

This week I need to take care of DS's and I's skin. It is so dry. We are switching to Aveeno baby wash for DS even though he is not a baby. His skin was good then, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My anxiety has been ramping up lately, my hormones are all over the place, and it all kind of busted out on Saturday night. 

I say this in the realm of self-care because it resulted in a very good conversation with DH, both of us coming up with a plan to do some things so I'm less stressed, and it was also kind of an emotional re-set for me to just get it all out. I need to work on doing that on an as-needed basis rather than letting everything build up to the point that I end up a mess. :P

I worked out on Sunday, and overall it was a pretty good weekend.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • I am not even sure how to do self-care this week because today I watched my son during recess from afar. What did I see?  Him left in his wheelchair the entire recess, not interacting with any children, no children interacting with him, and even him by himself (no aides next to him) WATCHING the other children play.  Yeah, his school rocks. He isn't even supposed to be in his wheelchair during recess (only from the classroom to the playground).  Needless to say, I'm gathering up some documentation since there are other issues and there will be an IEP meeting. 
  • imageMaxandRuby:
    I am not even sure how to do self-care this week because today I watched my son during recess from afar. What did I see?  Him left in his wheelchair the entire recess, not interacting with any children, no children interacting with him, and even him by himself (no aides next to him) WATCHING the other children play.  Yeah, his school rocks. He isn't even supposed to be in his wheelchair during recess (only from the classroom to the playground).  Needless to say, I'm gathering up some documentation since there are other issues and there will be an IEP meeting. 

..?? and ?? 

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imageMaxandRuby:
    I am not even sure how to do self-care this week because today I watched my son during recess from afar. What did I see?  Him left in his wheelchair the entire recess, not interacting with any children, no children interacting with him, and even him by himself (no aides next to him) WATCHING the other children play.  Yeah, his school rocks. He isn't even supposed to be in his wheelchair during recess (only from the classroom to the playground).  Needless to say, I'm gathering up some documentation since there are other issues and there will be an IEP meeting. 

I have no words of advice.  My heart is just breaking for you and your DS.  I can only imagine how upset I would be if this were to happen to Lily.  Let us know what you do, and how it goes. 

image      image      image
  • image-auntie-:

imageMaxandRuby:

I hope you were able to video tape this so they can't come up with the ol' "you walked in when the adults went to help do CPR on another child, he spent the whole rest of the recess on the swings with with his aide and 6 kids".

Call an emergency IEP meeting and waive your 10 day notification. Could a PT and SLP push in at recess and create games during which social skills are included?

I'm with auntie- go back, take a video.  Give them no way to excuse what's occurred. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• That makes my heart hurt for you. Is your DC verbal? Can they communicate with you as to whether or not this is the first time this has happened?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"