April 2013 Moms

breatfeeding

yeah so I breastfeed and I have found at night I can't stand her to breastfeed.. it is like I can't stand the feeling of her on my boob.. anyone else like this??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: breatfeeding

• Yea...what?
    G: 5/8/11
    N: 4/8/13
    having a baby on Christmas!

*suck it bump - siggies are hard
  • You are probably overstimulated from the day. I know I feel "over touched" and don't enjoy BFing sometimes. With DS1, I pumped enough to build up a little stash so that DH could give a bottle during the night for me. Maybe try that? Give yourself a break.
  • image old_time_girl:
    You are probably overstimulated from the day. I know I feel "over touched" and don't enjoy BFing sometimes. With DS1, I pumped enough to build up a little stash so that DH could give a bottle during the night for me. Maybe try that? Give yourself a break.

thanks.. will definitely try this tomorrow night.. I am starting to feel bad cuz I know I should enjoy that time.. but night time feedings just aren't working for me right now..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like poor/sleeping latch issue. You could pump while H feeds at night.
  • image letranger:
    Sounds like poor/sleeping latch issue. You could pump while H feeds at night.

Suggesting a latch issue is a huge stretch.... There's nothing she said that indicates this. And sleeping issue? Dude it's a newborn. OP you sound touched out, which is super common when babies are going through crazy nursing phases. Pumping works but also, sometimes babies just want to suck. You could try a pacifier after you know she has nursed plenty long.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• AmyG*AmyG*
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

Actually a latch issue is very possible.  at night you are tired and baby often eats more often at night because they have days and nights mixed up. So if the latch isn't perfect and they are eating non-stop at night, it may really be irritating.

I would probably not do the pumping and bottle feeding just yet if possible.  I'd work on latch  paying a lot of attention to it at night.  and also work on getting baby to be awake more during the day--wake to feed every 2 hours from start of one feeding to start of the next, keep things noisy and bright, and at night try to swaddle tightly, don't wake to feed, keep things very very quiet and dark as you can but enough light to see if latch is good.

AmyG*

I don't type posts; I type novels.

I don't get tags, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards