Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Tell me your transition method...

DS wil not sleep more than 2 hrs at night or 20 mins during the day in his crib. When he was first born he would sleep in it, but it would take us 1.5 hrs to get him back to sleep after waking for a feeding. We suspected reflux and I hurt my back which made it impossible for me to pick him up/put him down in the crib so we moved him to the RNP. He immediately started sleeping better and would go right back to sleep after eating at night. He essentially will only nap in his swing. 

Tell me how you transitioned your little one from the RNP to the crib. I'd love to hear different methods as what I've tried so far isn't working.  

Thanks! 

TTC #1 since 2008 with PCOS
12/09 IUI#1 - BFP!

Re: Tell me your transition method...

• BBS!BBS!
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its
    I've been trying for 2 weeks without luck. Interested to hear what others say!
  • Baby girl was in her rock n play til she was 4 months and she got to long for it, when we transitioned her, we used a crib wedge to make it feel inclined like she was used to in the rock n play, and made a big u shape that we put under the crib sheet and taped down so it felt more "snuggled" like the rock n play did rather than wide open, actually a month later we still have the crib wedge and u there!
  • We transitioned are daughter at 8 weeks. I elevated the crib mattress on one end and had rolled up towels on either side of herunder the mattress cover so she felt secure. The transition went really smoothly from bed sharing to her crib.
  • DD was in RnP in our room until she was 3 1/2 months.  I just got tired of always being so quiet and not even wanting to get out of bed to pee in the middle of night for fear of waking her! So we transitioned her to HER room but still in RnP for a few weeks.  Then to her crib and we also lost the swaddle but she wore Magic Merlin suit.  She ended up doing great and seemed to like it better since she had more room in her crib.  She was starting to get too long for the RnP and seemed almost uncomfortable. We have the one end elevated a tiny bit since she had reflux but seems to be over it.  She moves around so much in her sleep that her head ends up where her feet had been by the morning! Good luck! 
  • image Starfish+77:
    DD was in RnP in our room until she was 3 1/2 months.  I just got tired of always being so quiet and not even wanting to get out of bed to pee in the middle of night for fear of waking her! So we transitioned her to HER room but still in RnP for a few weeks.  Then to her crib and we also lost the swaddle but she wore Magic Merlin suit.  She ended up doing great and seemed to like it better since she had more room in her crib.  She was starting to get too long for the RnP and seemed almost uncomfortable. We have the one end elevated a tiny bit since she had reflux but seems to be over it.  She moves around so much in her sleep that her head ends up where her feet had been by the morning! Good luck! 

I've never heard of this suit before but just looked it up on amazon...I will try it! Thanks for the rec! 

TTC #1 since 2008 with PCOS
    12/09 IUI#1 - BFP!
  • Merlin Magic sleep suit! He loves that thing. 
  • image jastl32:

image Starfish+77:
    DD was in RnP in our room until she was 3 1/2 months.  I just got tired of always being so quiet and not even wanting to get out of bed to pee in the middle of night for fear of waking her! So we transitioned her to HER room but still in RnP for a few weeks.  Then to her crib and we also lost the swaddle but she wore Magic Merlin suit.  She ended up doing great and seemed to like it better since she had more room in her crib.  She was starting to get too long for the RnP and seemed almost uncomfortable. We have the one end elevated a tiny bit since she had reflux but seems to be over it.  She moves around so much in her sleep that her head ends up where her feet had been by the morning! Good luck! 

I've never heard of this suit before but just looked it up on amazon...I will try it! Thanks for the rec! 

Great! Good luck to you!!