Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Angelcare Baby Monitor with motion sensor?

My husband put this on our registry because it has awesome reviews on Amazon.... I definitely want a video monitor but I don't trust the "motion sensor" pad to actually do its job.... I feel like it will go off for no reason, wake us up and freak me out. Has anyone used this and had a good experience with the sensor? It's so expensive, I kind of feel like a cheaper video monitor would be fine...

Re: Angelcare Baby Monitor with motion sensor?

• Options
    Well they're totally different. Many people get both. I highly recommend a video monitor. We also have a snuza breathing monitor, which I recommend over the angel care because you can use it anywhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    J234J234 member
    Love my Angel Care monitor!  Still using it now.  We had a few false alarms, but mostly because LO scooted to the corner of the bed.  One time it went off and she was in the center... idk what happened, but she was fine and I was relieved.  I would much rather have a motion sensor than a video monitor.  Good luck!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedrpayne:
    Well they're totally different. Many people get both. I highly recommend a video monitor. We also have a snuza breathing monitor, which I recommend over the angel care because you can use it anywhere.

The one we looked at is both a video monitor and a motion sensor in one. I'll look up the snuza though!
  • Options
    We have and Angel Care and love it.  I do recommend getting the one with two sensor pads.  There seem to be less false alarms with them versus the single pad version.  And in my belief I'd rather deal with false alarms than the alternative.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Do to weird circumstances we had both the snuza and the angel care and I'm glad... We used the snuza when she was little as she ended up sleeping in the rock and play and then when we moved her to the pnp and she started rolling on a et stomach we used the angel care and still use it now in her crib. We have never had a false alarm with the angel care... The snuza would slip off her diaper once in a while and alarm. 

We do put a hard board under the sensor pad and she's not a huge mover still

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBitsKD13:
    We have and Angel Care and love it.  I do recommend getting the one with two sensor pads.  There seem to be less false alarms with them versus the single pad version.  And in my belief I'd rather deal with false alarms than the alternative.  

exactly this. we had a few false alarms with the 1 sensor pad but zero false alarms with the 2. well worth every penny. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I love our Angelcare.  We've had some issues off and on getting the sensitivity right, but seem to be back on the right track.  We did have false alarms off and on in the beginning so we turned the sensitivity up. I do suggest testing it frequently.  Our fan on high was being picked up as movement when the baby was out of the crib so I had to turn the sensitivity down recently.  He's 8 months now.  If you can get one with two pads, that will decrease false alarms.

I just saw that they now have a video one.  That's new, they didn't have it last year.  I don't know if I would buy it yet as it's the first time they've made a video monitor. Your could get the regular Angelcare and a decent video monitor for about the same price. 

• Options
    zyaszyas member

We have the motorola video monitor, the snuza and the angelcare. Overboard? Maybe but I am really glad we have all of them. The video monitor is fabulous and I can't say enough good things about it.

The snuza we used from birth until my Lo was about 5 months old. She slept in our room in her rock n play until 5 months so the snuza worked great then. As soon as we moved her into the crib in her room, she started sleeping on her tummy and the snuza would either pop off or get buried and we couldn't hear it anyways. We had many false alarms with the snuza for these reasons. So it was then when we bought the angelcare. It's been great! So far we've been using it for 4.5 months and we haven't had any false alarms. But as soon as we take her out of the crib and if we forget to turn it off, it goes off right away. Makes me relieved that it does actually work and it seems to be doing it's job.

I highly recommend all 3 of these products.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"