May 2012 Moms

GTKY

Are you a night owl or an early bird?

I was always a night owl before DD. I preferred to stay up late and sleep in. I used to even make my college schedules so that I could sleep in when possible. Since DD my internal clock has totally shifted. I'm typically up by 6 and ready for bed by 9:30-10.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY

• I was a night owl. I still wish I could sleep in. DS2 has been waking up at 530 lately, so no sleeping in for me. H was out of town last week and I went to bed at 830 one night.
  • zoeyyzoeyy
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    I used to be a huge night owl. I always got so much done at night. Not so much now. By 9pm I'm ready for bed.

But even more I miss sleeping in. I don't want to even admit how late we used to sleep in on weekends pre baby.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014
  • I am an early bird. I get made fun of a lot for always going to bed so early haha. The thing is, if I stay up until 1am I still wake up by 8am. I don't know how to sleep in. I could lie in bed til 10am pre baby but I could never sleep until then no matter how late I went to bed.
    Eta: by early bird I mean 8 am on weekends and 7 am on weekdays. Anything earlier is way too early!
    Baby boy born May 2012
    LO#2 due June 2015

• I always thought I was neither! I love sleep too much. Before baby I would probably be asleep by midnight and up around 8 or 9 ideally, but now bedtime is usually 10:30 and we're up around 6:30 or 7. If left on his own DH is definitely a night owl and I have a tough time getting him up in the mornings. It really annoys me sometimes! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image michyme123:
    I am an early bird. I get made fun of a lot for always going to bed so early haha. The thing is, if I stay up until 1am I still wake up by 8am. I don't know how to sleep in. I could lie in bed til 10am pre baby but I could never sleep until then no matter how late I went to bed.
    Eta: by early bird I mean 8 am on weekends and 7 am on weekdays. Anything earlier is way too early!

Lol I don't think of 7 or 8 as an early bird! Early botd is people who get up and around at 4,5, or 6.

7 or 8 is sleeping in in our world. In college I was the typical night owl but in college that's when the fun is. I've been a momma for almost nine year so since then I'd say I'm neither I'd be happy going to bed around 10 or 11 and getting up at 7 or 8. Unfourntly with kids it's more like pass out on the couch at 9 go to be at 11 get up at 12, 2, 4 and up for the day at 6.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • image bellelamb:
    image michyme123:
    I am an early bird. I get made fun of a lot for always going to bed so early haha. The thing is, if I stay up until 1am I still wake up by 8am. I don't know how to sleep in. I could lie in bed til 10am pre baby but I could never sleep until then no matter how late I went to bed.

Lol I don't think of 7 or 8 as an early bird! Early botd is people who get up and around at 4,5, or 6.

7 or 8 is sleeping in in our world. In college I was the typical night owl but in college that's when the fun is. I've been a momma for almost nine year so since then I'd say I'm neither I'd be happy going to bed around 10 or 11 and getting up at 7 or 8. Unfourntly with kids it's more like pass out on the couch at 9 go to be at 11 get up at 12, 2, 4 and up for the day at 6.
    oh god, those people exist? Haha ok so I must be like PP then who is neither. I go to bed by 10 and wake up at 7. Weekends I can force myself to stay up until midnight but it's rough!
    Baby boy born May 2012
    LO#2 due June 2015

• zoeyyzoeyy
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    image michyme123:
    image bellelamb:
    image michyme123:

oh god, those people exist? Haha ok so I must be like PP then who is neither. I go to bed by 10 and wake up at 7. Weekends I can force myself to stay up until midnight but it's rough!

My dad always gets up at 5am even on weekends. He thinks anything later is wasting the day away. He doesn't understand why people wouldn't want to see the sun rise. I believe if it is dark you should be sleeping. If the sun isn't awake I shouldn't be either! Ha!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014
  • Night owl, which totally backfires on me like last night when lo feel asleep early I stayed up till 11:30, he woke at midnight and didn't get sleepy till 2, then woke at 5, I managed to nurse him to sleep and we woke foot the day at 8:41 and I feel like I was hit by a truck.
  • I used to be a night owl.  I worked the late shifts and went out drinking after.  DS has definitely changed this.  I'm up for the day at 5:30am and down for the count by 9:30/10. 
               image     imageimage
                                    BFP #1: 09/22/2011 ---- DS born 05/25/2012
                                                       BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- CP
                       BFP #3: 08/05/2014 beta#1: 57  beta#2: 133 Beta #3: 441 
    NO more betas!  Sono on 8/29 confirmed HB at 147bpm!!!  GROW BABY!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards