Trouble TTC

Just Stfu!

I recently told me best friend that we are dealing with IF. Well actually she asked me about it.

Today we were talking about it and she decided to tell me that she can't get pregnant either. She's not in a relationship and has never tried to get pregnant. Because she thinks she can't get pregnant she believes she can relate. I flat out told her she couldn't.

Then the topic of treatments came up and she's like don't go through that, it's too much stress on my body and too much pressure to put on a child meaning you pay too much money for a child, therefore your expectations for that kid are too high. If we really want a child then we should adopt. I said stop right there, until your faced with this situation you can't say what you would do. And then she told me about how her cousin tried for years and tried all these weird positions until it finally worked. To that I told her my body literally won't get pregnant thr old fashioned way, doesn't matter what position we tried. If it could I would have a child right now.

I'm proud of myself for having responses and not questioning what I should say because usually I get all awkward. Just thought I would share! The things people say..
 TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: Just Stfu!

• THIS is why I don't want to tell anyone that we're TTC. Good lord, people are so insensitive. Good on you for sticking up for yourself.
    Don't expect any replies, and stop PMing me. This account is no longer being used and is waiting for the bump gods to deactivate it.
  • imageMeemeelee:
    THIS is why I don't want to tell anyone that we're TTC. Good lord, people are so insensitive. Good on you for sticking up for yourself.

This. I get too angry when I have to deal with ignorant people.

Hugs to you. That really must have sucked to have to deal with that from your friend.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagesueann911:

imageMeemeelee:
    THIS is why I don't want to tell anyone that we're TTC. Good lord, people are so insensitive. Good on you for sticking up for yourself.

Hugs to you. That really must have sucked to have to deal with that from your friend.

I have mixed feelings about opening up. I know that I'll have to deal with idiots that think they are qualified to tell me how to get pregnant. But it's nice to not live with a secret. I'm still cautious of who i tell, I dread telling my in laws.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Hahha....I have not head the "weird positions" one yet, but maybe that one is worth a try ***wink, wink***

All laughing aside, it is awesome that you stood up for yourself and responded to her comments.   Hopefully she will be a more supportive friend in the future and not try and advise you on how to deal with IF. 

• Good for you for sticking up for yourself!  I know even when people make dumbazz suggestions, they think they are being helpful.  It helps to stop them and sometimes just say

"I've literally been at this and educating myself for far to long for you to think you know more than I do on the subject.  Trust me when I say, all I need from you is your support - not advice."  

That really gets them to understand their "advice" isn't helpful.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I am so sorry that happened!! ((HUGS!!))
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • Sorry this happened but glad you were able to stand up for yourself! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekatib77:
    Good for you for sticking up for yourself! nbsp;I know even when people make dumbazz suggestions, they think they are being helpful. nbsp;It helps to stop them and sometimes just say "I've literally been at this and educatingnbsp;myselfnbsp;for far to long for you to think you know more than I do on the subject. nbsp;Trust me when I say, all I need from you is your support not advice." nbsp;That really gets them to understand their "advice" isn't helpful.

I love that response! I'm going to remember that for the next time!
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Good for you!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • OMG, that sounds awful! I would have had a hard time not losing my cool. I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• imagericecakes1216:
    imagesueann911:

imageMeemeelee:

I have mixed feelings about opening up. I know that I'll have to deal with idiots that think they are qualified to tell me how to get pregnant. But it's nice to not live with a secret. I'm still cautious of who i tell, I dread telling my in laws.

My ILs are exactly who I don't want knowing. But, generally, I am better off keeping it close to my chest. 

OP, Good for you for sticking up for yourself. I would've either screamed at her for being such an insensitive prat or punched her in the face. She deserved worse, IMO. But good for you for defending your choices, and putting her in her place for saying such hurtful things to you. Hang in there. :)

• Ugh, that really stinks.  Just out of curiousity, what  makes her think she can not get pregnant? 

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagewhoberry:
    Ugh, that really stinks.nbsp; Just out of curiousity, whatnbsp; makes her think she can not get pregnant?nbsp;

She hasn't been on bc and has never been pregnant.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • imagericecakes1216:
    imagewhoberry:
    Ugh, that really stinks.nbsp; Just out of curiousity, whatnbsp; makes her think she can not get pregnant?nbsp;
    She hasn't been on bc and has never been pregnant.

Wow.  Totally ridiculous! 

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"