January 2013 Moms

GTKY: too old?

What do you feel you are "too old" to do now that you are a mom or when you became a new mom?

I have a few:

To go out, on a frequent basis with my single friends.

To go to concerts, I never went to the "sit down" type concerts, only mosh pitting/crowd surfing concerts so def these. 

To go shopping for myself for no reason, now if I go shopping for no reason it is for R, not me!

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: GTKY: too old?

• Go to any sort of "club" .. I have a few bachelorette parties coming up this summer and I'm dreading this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Spending money on shoes. I used to love shoe shopping but now I don't want to spend money on myself for pretty much anything.

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have one that was directed towards my hubby,  

Since we started dating (10 years ago) he has always worn these funny t-shirts, like "sarcasm...one of my many talents" or "that's what she said.". 

Well we just did some shopping for him recently and I told him I think he is too of for them now and should leave the funny shirts for Jack. 

As for me: I am too old for pretty much everything fun that happens after 9pm. ;) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I feel like I am too old to wear short shorts and bikinis, but I probably will anyway if I ever get my pre-pregnancy body back. Not like booty shorts mind you, but not shorts that go down to my knees.

I feel like I'm too old for facebook. It was annoying me anyway, and I deactivated my account.

I feel like I'm too old to be afraid of the dark, BUT I AM. Damn you Paranormal Activity and walking up the stairs at night.

• Too old to relate to anything college kids do.

We live in a college town, today DS and I took a walk to our mail box which is about a 3/4 of a mile from our house in a little kiosk. Much to my surprise there was a group of college boys smoking weed in the kiosk when we rolled up. I totally chased them out and threatened to call the cops. So not only am I super old, I'm also a NARC.  

Daisypath - (gXry)
  • image kittynap:

Too old to relate to anything college kids do.

We live in a college town, today DS and I took a walk to our mail box which is about a 3/4 of a mile from our house in a little kiosk. Much to my surprise there was a group of college boys smoking weed in the kiosk when we rolled up. I totally chased them out and threatened to call the cops. So not only am I super old, I'm also a NARC.  

Baha. I would've done the same, except they probably would've been my brother and his friends..Stick out tongue Still would've done it though, that crap bugged me before, but now...so much worse. 

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I feel like I am too old to go to any get togethers or bars that aren't family functions... Beer pong and BBQ's just don't sound that fun to me these days. My MIL offered to watch DD so we could have a night off and I almost had a panic attack and told her she was too young and she could watch her for a few hours the next day :/ I definitely feel like a mother now because we are looking to buy a house and I am always looking for things based on the baby... I don't like a house because the street is too busy, or the rooms are on separate sides of the house, or the neighbors are all clearly growing pot... I feel like I am too old to stay up past 11 pm... and that's even pushing it. I guess I just feel to old to do 80% of the things I did before DD ha ha. BUT I wouldn't change it for the world.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • Nothing really. I never liked going out much to bars or clubs or anything like that anyway. As far as clothes go if I lost more weight and didn't have stretch marks I would wear bikinis and shorts and whatnot. I'm only 24 after all :

I sort of feel like I'm too old to go to Cedar Point until LO is bigger. But I might try to go before then anyway.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well when I went in to buy wine tonight I didn't get carded... that's a first. I'm too old to get carded and I'm too old to go out with my friends apparently. I always make an excuse to not go. One of these days...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel like I'm too old to buy VS PINK brand undies. But I don't know where else to buy them from!

I'm feeling the OP who is dreading the bachelorette parties. I'm standing up in a friend's wedding and told her the only dates I couldn't go to her bachelorette party Bc we'll be on vaca. She picked one of those dates and I feel relieved! So sad... 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller