Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pacifier Thermometer

Anyone even use one?  What do you think?  I never heard of it before then I ran to walgreens and I saw it and thought ??  maybe?  I'm really NOT confortable with the ideal of having to put a thermometer in my LO butt when that time comes.

Thoughts?

Re: Pacifier Thermometer

• You really really have to get ok with it.  Using another kind is fine but if it comes up higher than normal it's very important to get a rectal temp because it's the most accurate and fevers in newborns are very dangerous.  Seriously though, it'
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Like PP said, you need to get used to taking a rectal temperature. For babies they are the most accurate. Maybe ask the nurse at your pedi's office to help you take one the next time you are in there? If a baby under 90 days old has a fever it is a really

• image elmoali:
    You really really have to get ok with it. nbsp;Using another kind is fine but if it comes up higher than normal it's very
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image elmoali:
    You really really have to get ok with it.  Using another kind is fine but if it comes up higher than normal it's
  • Waste of money. Your ped will want a rectal temp. 
    Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We received a rectal thermometer at discharge.  As everyone said, it's not so bad.  I've already had to do it a few times.  DD is quite wiggly, but I believe the results have been accurate.  You basically just need to get the silver ti

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We do have a thermometer for rectal.  If I have to take it I will I just dont want to take a rectal temp unless I really have to if I get a pac thermometer it would be for 1st use ONLY and if Im still worried then I will use the rectal one.
  • Probably not very accurate.  Get an ear kind if you just want a quick, non-rectal one.  Then you can use it for years to come.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image kellyrn9956:
    Waste of money. Your ped will want a rectal temp.nbsp;

Depends on ped...the hospital d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image PipSqueak0313:
    image kell
    Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I have read that the pacifier thermometers are notoriously inaccurate. Of all the types of thermometers they were ranked last. Even for a quick temp before the rectal I think it would be a waste of money.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've never taken my DDs temp rectally. My Dr accepts auxillary (armpit) temps as long as I tell them that's how I took it. (That's how they take it too, if I take DD in when she is sick). Basically just add 1 degree to what you get in their armpit, and