Babies: 3 - 6 Months

cramping after mirena?

I got the iud two days ago, and have had cramping and mild uterine pain since then. It feels like mild stabbing pain and is worse during sex. I had a mirena iud before becoming pregnant, and don't remember this happening then. I had some spotting for a few hours after it was first inserted, but the doctor said that was normal. Anyone else have this? Did it go away after a few days? TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: cramping after mirena?

• I had cramping for a couple of days after getting it but I spotted/bled for 5 weeks after (and my OB told me that could happen for 3-6 months).

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • I had that for about five days. I think it just depends on how aware you are. Like I can tell when I'm ovulating, so it makes sense to me that I would have pain longer.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I had the mirena pre pregnancy, and when it was inserted I had severe cramping for 4 days. Cramping to the point I couldn't get out of bed. It was super duper fun. I plan to get it again even though I continued to have severe cramping with it every cycle. But this time I'm waiting for hubby to be home for the stretch when I get it inserted incase I get the same pain. But every time I asked my MD about it, I was told it was normal!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had steady cramping for about 2 days post insertion.  It's been about a month and I'm still lightly bleeding on a daily basis and have some mild cramping on occasion.  Hope it gets better for you!

• I have had the Mirena for about 2.5 months now. Insertion day I had some cramping and then spotting for a few days.  Have had one period since then but unfortunately also some spotting after sex sometimes. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers