Babies: 9 - 12 Months

change in sleep

LO is 10.5 months and has always slept approx 11 hours at night waking up at least once to eat. He has always taken two naps, one in the a.m. for about an hour and one in the afternoon for about 1.5-2 hours. Well last two days he has only taken a nap in the morning for about 1.5 hours and is then up from like 11-11:30 until bed at seven. I know some babies drop there second nap but I thought it just seemed a little soon for him to do that. Also he has been fighting going to sleep at night. Usually he will only cry for about 5 min or less. Tonight it was 30 min. He just had a diaper change, ate, and seems to be the right temp in his room. No outward signs of illness. any suggestions? if it keeps going like this tomorrow, I plan to call the pedi just to check. TIA

Re: change in sleep

• It might seem weird but if LO is having a tough time going to bed at night it might be sleep depervation from not having that 2nd nap.  They usually drop the 2nd nap around 15- 18 months so id say this is a bit too early.  I would say do everything possibly to try to get that 2nd nap in although I know that is easier said then done when LO has it in their head. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"