1st Trimester

Some would say my craving is a no no...

I LOVE sandwiches...so of course my craving has turned out to be subs, sandwiches...anything with meat, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Some would say the deli meat is a no no...I dont know how strongly I agree with that.

Re: Some would say my craving is a no no...

• That was my thought too...I figured a Publix sub or Jimmy Johns here and there isnt so bad :)
  • imagemrsgerman:

Eat the meat. You will be fine. Just don't eat it every day. Anything in moderation is OK 

The reason some people refrain from deli meat is because of the risk of listeria. Eating one tiny bit of "tainted" meat will get you sick, so it has nothing to do with moderation, lol.

That said, eat your cold cuts and don't feel bad about it! Just make sure that you trust the source. Don't eat meat that's been sitting out, or is from a questionable place. The risk of getting listeria is probably greater if you eat spinach or melons than from deli meat.

Just use common sense, that's all. :) 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Loading the player...
  • Jimmy Johns sounds so good right now! With an added on pickle and jalapeo kettle chips!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I'm not eating it in moderation because I think I am less likely to get listeria, it just makes me feel better if I dont eat it every day...lol. I have read a lot about listeria and the risks, so I only eat deli meat from places I trust. There is a hole-in-the-wall sandwich place near my work that I use to love, but I feel safer eating from places like Publix or Jimmy Johns! :)

• Jimmy Johns *drools* I might do that for lunch now nom nom nom

• LOL oh I eat my sandwiches and I don't feel guilty about it. Of course food is a total turn off for me right now, but a few weeks ago I had a serious craving for Subway and got myself a sub and loved it! 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imagehomebird:
    imagemrsgerman:

Eat the meat. You will be fine. Just don't eat it every day. Anything in moderation is OK 

The reason some people refrain from deli meat is because of the risk of listeria. Eating one tiny bit of "tainted" meat will get you sick, so it has nothing to do with moderation, lol.

That said, eat your cold cuts and don't feel bad about it! Just make sure that you trust the source. Don't eat meat that's been sitting out, or is from a questionable place. The risk of getting listeria is probably greater if you eat spinach or melons than from deli meat.

Just use common sense, that's all. :) 

Seriously. The moderation debate holds no water with regards to cold meat.

• I want a turkey sub so bad! Might do it for dinner or something. Their is so little food I can stomach these days but I went got some turkey yesterday and it was delicious.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had Jimmy Johns last night, It was delicious... Just be smart!!
  • Eh, I've totally been eating cold cuts. 

I had this amazing sandwich yesterday -- toasted whole grain bread, avocado, mixed greens, cream cheese and black forest ham. 

If it's bad then I don't wanna be good.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get it toasted!  Then you will be fine! LOL

My 2 December boys

• Yep! Sounds like me. I realized that this was the only thing that put my nausea at ease.

imageMegs0913:
    I LOVE sandwiches...so of course my craving has turned out to be subs, sandwiches...anything with meat, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Some would say the deli meat is a no no...I dont know how strongly I agree with that.
  • Arby's marketfresh turkey and bacon blt MMMMmmmmm :) I craved that with my frist pregnancy with my twin boys, and that is my go to this pregnancy :D
    God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • I've been craving them same as you! Not every day, but it's one of the few things I can keep down and I generally have mine packed with veggies which helps out the whole sluggish GI tract thing too. I've even had the Chinese food phase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"