Cloth Diapering

Sprayer necessary?

Is a sprayer attachment really necessary for cleaning cloth diapers? My SIL has one and says she sprays the poo off of the diaper into the toilet before placing in the wetbag.  She uses pocket diapers.  But I thought I've read that you don't need to spray it off when its BF baby poo?  Or maybe you should just wipe it off with a disposable wipe?

Re: Sprayer necessary?

• I didn't have one with my first and just did the swish and flush in the toilet, but I got one this time. While it is not necessary, it is nice. I love mine. BF poo is still soft for newborns ... or at least us with my newborns. I think my sprayer is my f
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Definitely not a necessity. We don't have one. Her poops are 50/50 ploppable at this point though. If they aren't then we just swish and they generally come right off.

Oh and breast milk and formula poops don't need to be rinsed off. Once yo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It's not necessary but it is convenient for me.  I really like it because I did not like dunking and swishing.  We just started using it because we just recently started solids.

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• I don't have one. The dunk and swish isn't inconvenient for me in the least.
  • I love our sprayer but I wouldn't say it is necessary.  I didn't like the idea of not spraying the feces off before washing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's certainly not necessary with just BF poop. However, when we started solids, I found out that I HATED dunk & swish, and the sprayer definitely became necessary at that point in time. I'd wait to buy one until you decide you need one.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTamaraR4:
    I didn't have one with my first and just did the swish and flush in the toilet, but I got one this time. While it is
  • DH refused to install a sprayer and we survived.  DS is 2 1/2 and his poop is still soft.  I could probably count on my hands the number of times it was.  I often used a plastic butter knife to scrape and it worked quite well.  I just
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's not necessary but I love mine. It can also be used to spray other things like rinsing out a potty during potty training.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageHaley.Beth:
    It's certainly not necessary with just BF poop. However, when we started solids, I found out that I HATED dunk &am
  • I love our sprayer!

I couldn't use it for a few days - which, as my luck would have it, coincided with LO having about a billion nasty runny poop dipes (suspect a tummy bug) - and let me tell you, dunking and swishing those diapers was NO fun at

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My immediate response to the title...  YES!!  At least after 6 months and solids start.  I wouldn't want to deal with these poops now without a sprayer. 
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We just use an old spatula... DDs poops are pretty ploppable but the spatula works well enough on the other days!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"