Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Wake or not?

If your lo poops while falling asleep, do you change the diaper and wake them, or do you wait until the next time they wake up?

I usually change right away and have been fooled a few times by it just being noisy farts!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wake or not?

• Options
    Definitely wait til he wakes up. I follow the "never wake a sleeping baby" rule. :) 
  • Options

Agree with PP -- he'll wake up if he is uncomfortable....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you dont want to deal with diaper rash wake them. My LO had diaper rash forever after a bout of diarrhea and now I am super paranoid about it. I go in a sniff her sometimes when she is sleepiing just to make sure lol.
  • Options
    I struggled with this when he was in this phase, but arrived at the letting him sleep philosophy. If he was a super rash prone guy, I might feel differently, but sleep is golden.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it's Poop, I Always Change It. it's A Recipe For Skin issues. If He Farts A Lot, Check Inside The Leg Of Dipe To Know For Sure Before Doing A Total Change.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

Honestly, I am OCD about him being in his diaper with a dirty bum if I know about it. Pee is one thing, but poop can lead to diaper rash if left too long. If I know it will be a few hours before the next change, I want him clean. I have been fooled bef

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Depends if s/he is rash prone or not.  Weigh the pros and cons for you and your kid.  If it means an immediate rash that's difficult to get rid of, then change it.  If LO has a bottom of steel, let him/her sleep.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It depends if it's a lot of poo and how close to sleep he is. I can usually hear the actual poo, and gauge how much is in there. Gross, I know. If I think it may have been a fart, I check inside the leg of his diaper, like PP said. If it's not a lot, and
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRosebean:

Honestly, I am OCD about him being in his diaper with a dirty bum if I know about it. Pee is one thing, but poop can

• Options
    For poop, always right away. I don't want to deal with a bad rash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"