Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

yellow vomit

Okay so I'm breastfeeding, my daughter is a week old. Today she threw up yellow. It was projectile. I'm mainly concerned with the color. Is it normal for them to throw up bright yellow? she doesn't have a fever.

Re: yellow vomit

• Options
    Has your milk come in, or is she still eating colostrum? My days-old baby threw up (projectile) yellow stuff while still in the hospital, but the nurses assured me it was just colostrum. It never happened again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yellow vomit could be colostrum. Does your milk still have a yellowish tone to it, or has it turned white? I work in the newborn nursery, and almost all breastfed babies have yellow spit up. If you're concerned it doesnt hurt to call the pedi just to be s
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageemriley84:
    Yellow vomit could be colostrum. Does your milk still have a yellowish tone to it, or has it turned white? I work i
  • Options
    I forget exactly, but bright yellow is bile or something.  It happened to DD1 once and I freaked out since it was almost neon, but it just happens when they have empty bellies and there's nothing left to come out.  How much was yellow?  Was
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"