October 2013 Moms

are any of you getting push presents

Re: are any of you getting push presents

• AjoydAjoyd
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I better get one!!!

Just kidding.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
  • The only push present I am getting is a baby :)
    BFP 6/19/2012- Natural M/C 6/21/2012

BFP 7/21/2012- Natural M/C 8/24/2012 @ 8w1d No HB

BPF 1/24/2012- Stick, baby, stick!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband brought it up...  I told him to get the BOB Stroller that we were going to get anyway :-P

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I never even heard of this until TB. 

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• image allymp13:
    I never even heard of this until TB. 

Me either.

Plus, my birthday is a few days after my due date so if there is anything I really have  to have (unlikely) I will ask for it as a b-day gift.

image photo 2eaef296-f7c9-4c6e-b593-2d7b1bd30be0_zpsf7527119.jpg photo 607693ad-3f8c-4029-a046-214763741336_zpsfa81d31e.jpg

• I'm getting a diamond tennis bracelet!!

I kid, I kid!!  I'd be p'd if he spent that kind of money before baby.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• uhmm yeah....

I am getting.... a baby ;)

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

• image allymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

• image allymp13:

This.

I think they are dumb.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not really, but as a combo b-day and baby gift, my folks are going to pay for us to have laundry hookups installed in the bathroom in our den downstairs, so I won't have to go down two flights of stairs, into the garage and down another flight of stairs to do laundry in the basement anymore! I'm terrible excited.

• image AshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

• image sleepy33:
    Not really, but as a combo b-day and baby gift, my folks are going to pay for us to have laundry hookups installed in the bathroom in our den downstairs, so I won't have to go down two flights of stairs, into the garage and down another flight of stairs to do laundry in the basement anymore! I'm terrible excited.

AWESOME!  I would be super stoked for that!

• Hell's no! DH isn't getting a damned thing either!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers] Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh Lord - those are HUGE around here. HUGE. In fact, i know very few women who DONT get them...other than me.

1. My husband is foreign - so he had no clue and more importantly

2. We were broke....and I would have killed him

He did get me for xmas a hand-stamped silver necklace with the girls initials which i LOVE and know cost under $40. Call it what you want, but I'd love a third stamped disc to add with this baby's letters!!!!  

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Since I'm not actually pushing a baby out....no! LOL
    I'm having a repeat c/s and my baby is what I'm looking forward to having, not some present.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Here comes our Pumpkin!
  • image BeachMama7693:
    image AshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

Wow! i have never heard of Vintage Pearl before.  It's so pretty!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ew. No.
    I'll be having a csec so I guess he won't have a reason for a "push present" as I won't be pushing!
  • image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

This.  I think it is a little silly but I agree that anytime a man wants to give his wife a gift, it is sweet.   However, it is only sweet if he thought of it himself!  If mom-to-be tells him to get a her a push present and/or what to get her, oh. hell. no!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?
  • image kkss357:
    image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

This.  I think it is a little silly but I agree that anytime a man wants to give his wife a gift, it is sweet.   However, it is only sweet if he thought of it himself!  If mom-to-be tells him to get a her a push present and/or what to get her, oh. hell. no!

Yeah, definitely!  It's also a no-no if the financial situation doesn't allow for it.

• image Jmakhomenka:
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?

It is one thing if the guy gets something on his own.  But a lot of ladies seem to expect, even demand, something as a reward for having a baby.  Most want jewelry.  I think that is gift grabby, selfish, and petty.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image shelley1002:
    image Jmakhomenka:
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?

It is one thing if the guy gets something on his own.  But a lot of ladies seem to expect, even demand, something as a reward for having a baby.  Most want jewelry.  I think that is gift grabby, selfish, and petty.

Of course!  Anytime you're asking for gifts it's grabby and selfish.  But it's not fair to generalize that everyone that receives a push present has asked for something.  (Not saying that YOU are generalizing this.. but it seems to be a pretty common generalization.) 

I have never once brought up the push present thing to MH because I thought it was silly and just another expense, but I thought it was sweet that MH did the research and brought it up to me and is trying to think of cute ideas.

• image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

I agree. It's never something I would ask for or expect but i have had friends who have been surprised by their husband with little gifts. It's nice when its something related to the baby... Like monogrammed charms. JMO
  • I like presents!  It would probably be smarter for daddy to wait about a week after I give birth when the postpartum depres sets in.  I'll be all about baby that same day! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Honestly I wouldn't be upset if DH got me something small and inexpensive that would remind me of the special first day with LO. Especially if it was something with LO's initials or maybe a book or something? However, I would never ever ask or expect something since I usually get things I need rather than want. Also, if it wasnt't baby related and it was expensive (like fancy jewelry) he would be returning it. 
  • I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D
  • image Jmakhomenka:
    I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D

That is adorable, I get so excited when DH brings me string cheese I can't imagine the reaction if it were something meaningful lol. What a good DH :)  

• image allymp13:
  • image allymp13:

I actually never heard of this until today :P Not sure if its considered a push present since my birthday is a week before my EDD but DH will be giving lots of presents at that time :) Who needs an excuse for presents!?

• I haven't read the other responses but I'd consider him changing diapers for a week as a push present since I have to get up every 3 hours to feed.
    photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards