October 2013 Moms

are any of you getting push presents

Re: are any of you getting push presents

• AjoydAjoyd
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I better get one!!!

Just kidding.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
  • The only push present I am getting is a baby :)
    BFP 6/19/2012- Natural M/C 6/21/2012

BFP 7/21/2012- Natural M/C 8/24/2012 @ 8w1d No HB

BPF 1/24/2012- Stick, baby, stick!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband brought it up...  I told him to get the BOB Stroller that we were going to get anyway :-P

O13 July Siggy: Babies are not dogs... or are they?

• I never even heard of this until TB. 

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• image allymp13:
    I never even heard of this until TB. 

Me either.

Plus, my birthday is a few days after my due date so if there is anything I really have  to have (unlikely) I will ask for it as a b-day gift.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

photo 2eaef296-f7c9-4c6e-b593-2d7b1bd30be0_zpsf7527119.jpg photo 607693ad-3f8c-4029-a046-214763741336_zpsfa81d31e.jpg

July siggy challenge: Babies are not dogs
  • I'm getting a diamond tennis bracelet!!

I kid, I kid!!  I'd be p'd if he spent that kind of money before baby.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• uhmm yeah....

I am getting.... a baby ;)

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

• image allymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

• image allymp13:

This.

I think they are dumb.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not really, but as a combo b-day and baby gift, my folks are going to pay for us to have laundry hookups installed in the bathroom in our den downstairs, so I won't have to go down two flights of stairs, into the garage and down another flight of stairs to do laundry in the basement anymore! I'm terrible excited.

image   image  image
    June Siggy Challenge: Weird Stock Photos 

• image AshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

I will be buying myself an updated necklace from the vintage pearl though once baby comes :)  

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

• image sleepy33:
    Not really, but as a combo b-day and baby gift, my folks are going to pay for us to have laundry hookups installed in the bathroom in our den downstairs, so I won't have to go down two flights of stairs, into the garage and down another flight of stairs to do laundry in the basement anymore! I'm terrible excited.

AWESOME!  I would be super stoked for that!

• Hell's no! DH isn't getting a damned thing either!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers] Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh Lord - those are HUGE around here. HUGE. In fact, i know very few women who DONT get them...other than me.

1. My husband is foreign - so he had no clue and more importantly

2. We were broke....and I would have killed him

He did get me for xmas a hand-stamped silver necklace with the girls initials which i LOVE and know cost under $40. Call it what you want, but I'd love a third stamped disc to add with this baby's letters!!!!  

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Since I'm not actually pushing a baby out....no! LOL
    I'm having a repeat c/s and my baby is what I'm looking forward to having, not some present.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Here comes our Pumpkin!
  • image BeachMama7693:
    image AshlynBlake:

uhmm yeah....

i LOVE the vintage pearl. 

Wow! i have never heard of Vintage Pearl before.  It's so pretty!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ew. No.
    I'll be having a csec so I guess he won't have a reason for a "push present" as I won't be pushing!
  • image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

I hadn't either.  MH found it on the internet also.  I've only known one person IRL to get a push present.  But, I figure if a man wants to get his wife something, then there's no harm in it..  it seems sweet :)

This.  I think it is a little silly but I agree that anytime a man wants to give his wife a gift, it is sweet.   However, it is only sweet if he thought of it himself!  If mom-to-be tells him to get a her a push present and/or what to get her, oh. hell. no!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?
  • image kkss357:
    image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

This.  I think it is a little silly but I agree that anytime a man wants to give his wife a gift, it is sweet.   However, it is only sweet if he thought of it himself!  If mom-to-be tells him to get a her a push present and/or what to get her, oh. hell. no!

Yeah, definitely!  It's also a no-no if the financial situation doesn't allow for it.

• image Jmakhomenka:
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?

It is one thing if the guy gets something on his own.  But a lot of ladies seem to expect, even demand, something as a reward for having a baby.  Most want jewelry.  I think that is gift grabby, selfish, and petty.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image shelley1002:
    image Jmakhomenka:
    Just curious, why are peoples responses to this "eww"? How is that gross or eww? And what is so terrible about a small gift for a woman who had one hell of a 40 week ride?

It is one thing if the guy gets something on his own.  But a lot of ladies seem to expect, even demand, something as a reward for having a baby.  Most want jewelry.  I think that is gift grabby, selfish, and petty.

Of course!  Anytime you're asking for gifts it's grabby and selfish.  But it's not fair to generalize that everyone that receives a push present has asked for something.  (Not saying that YOU are generalizing this.. but it seems to be a pretty common generalization.) 

I have never once brought up the push present thing to MH because I thought it was silly and just another expense, but I thought it was sweet that MH did the research and brought it up to me and is trying to think of cute ideas.

• image comeongetdown:

image allymp13:

I agree. It's never something I would ask for or expect but i have had friends who have been surprised by their husband with little gifts. It's nice when its something related to the baby... Like monogrammed charms. JMO
  • I like presents!  It would probably be smarter for daddy to wait about a week after I give birth when the postpartum depres sets in.  I'll be all about baby that same day! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Honestly I wouldn't be upset if DH got me something small and inexpensive that would remind me of the special first day with LO. Especially if it was something with LO's initials or maybe a book or something? However, I would never ever ask or expect something since I usually get things I need rather than want. Also, if it wasnt't baby related and it was expensive (like fancy jewelry) he would be returning it. 
  • I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D
  • image Jmakhomenka:
    I agree that a gift on demand basically looses the meaning behind it and is a bit crazy. But otherwise, that's a wonderful idea. When we found out in pregnant, DH got me a baby carriage for my Pandora bracelet. Something small and adorable, but it meant so much :D

That is adorable, I get so excited when DH brings me string cheese I can't imagine the reaction if it were something meaningful lol. What a good DH :)  

• image allymp13:
  • image allymp13:

I actually never heard of this until today :P Not sure if its considered a push present since my birthday is a week before my EDD but DH will be giving lots of presents at that time :) Who needs an excuse for presents!?

• I haven't read the other responses but I'd consider him changing diapers for a week as a push present since I have to get up every 3 hours to feed.
    photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker