October 2012 Moms

Not excited about solids?

I don't remember this being bought up as I may be alone but I have no real interest in giving DD solids.  Maybe I'm being lazy but I have given her some solids since turning six months but its been very little and not consistent.  She's curious but not starved for it...now a glass of water she'll do anything for!  She would probably be happy to try more but I can't get my bum in gear.  I think she my be a late eater!  I also need to figure out when to introduce gluten and dairy if we do at all this first year. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not excited about solids?

• I am not excited for it at all. We have done cereal a handful of times, her pedi said at her 4 month appt that we didn't need to do cereal that it was more for play. He said we would talk about introducing solids at her 6 month appt. She turned 6 month

• We are going to start hardcore with it next week. I will be dine student teaching. My bm supply is decreasing so I'm hoping by getting some food in her she won't need as much bm and I will be able to keep up with her. She loves solids. We have done sweet
    #1: BFP 12/17/08 My angel flew to heaven 12/23/08 #2: BFP 4/4/09 Born 12/17/09 #3: BFP 6/24/2011 My angel flew to heaven 7/3/2011 to join his/her sibling. #4 BFP 2/22/2012 Born 10/25/2012

imageimage
  • DD just turned 6 months yesterday and I don't have that much interest in it either. Her weight gain slowed slightly but she's also more mobile. She's 18 lbs and obviously not starving. She has 5 oz to go to double her birth weight. She also doesn't seem s
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N~May 2004     C~Oct 2012

It's the internet. Like you don't own shit. Even Al Gore doesn't say shit like that and he invented the internet. ~~Mbenit4
  • We just started this week, and I really don't have much desire. She loves it, though.

I feel like it's messy, it takes up more of our limited evening time, and I am NOT looking forward to the diapers. We cloth diaper and I won't just be able to

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Displaying photo.JPG Displaying photo.JPG
                                                       TTC since Feb 2010
                              BFP #1- 7.03.10 Missed MC, d&c 8.9.10 (10 wks)
                              BFP #2- 12.16.10 Natural MC 12.25.10 (6 wks)
                              BFP #3- 2.19.12 Welcome baby girl! (Oct 26, 2012)
                              BFP #4- 1.11.14  Due in September- 2 under 2
  • DS took a while to get into solids and it looks like DD will be the same way.  I'm not worried at all - and I'm not going to push it at all. RIght now it's more about practice and letting them taste different foods than calories.  

fwiw

• She's 6 months today and super ready. So she's getting sweet potatoes for dinner. I'm so sad about it.

From conception to today, my body exclusively has nourished her. Ending that relationship that is just between she and I alone especially
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage