Parenting

Would you speak up?

There's a new guard in one of the buildings I have to travel over to about 2 to 3 times a week here at work. The guard desk is right as you enter the building so there's no avoiding it.

The former guard was very nice and has since retired. The new guy that staffs the desk is probably 25 and incredibly annoying. He keeps bothering me every time I walk in about how I should smile or say good morning and he goes out of his way to try and get a reaction from me. It's getting really old.

This AM I walked in, quietly said, "Good morning" and kept walking. He laughed loudly and said, "You gotta stop." I turned to look at him and he said, "I have to get you to smile!" or something very similar. I was like, "So that's your mission, huh?" and turned the corner.

It's making me very uncomfortable. I just want to enter the building, and go about my business without being singled out every time. It's obnoxious now, IMO.

Do I say something to my boss? He's very supportive and would back me up on this if needed. I feel like it would be very obvious who complained if I did but I don't like the uncomfortable feeling, either.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

Re: Would you speak up?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards