Inland Empire Babies
Options

Riverside Community or Parkview?

Hi, everyone!

I'm new here and am very close to my due date. Our insurance changes on the 1st of May, and I'm due on the 8th. Sadly, our new insurance won't cover delivery at Loma Linda as we'd planned. It seems that our choices in the Riverside area are Riverside Community or Parkview.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or reviews for either hospital.

I am stressing about this change and about what seems to be a choice between the lesser of two evils. I have tried to schedule tours of both hospitals, but neither could or would accommodate us until May.

Our doula is not wild about either hospital. I am trying to switch to another medical group so that I can possibly deliver out of Pomona Valley, but would like info on local hospitals, too. I can't believe we're worrying about this at this late stage.

Thanks in advance...any advice and information is sooooo needed and appreciated at this point.

Re: Riverside Community or Parkview?

• Options
    It looks like we're past your due date.  Which hospital did you choose?  Did you have a good experience?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im REALLY hoping you went to Riverside Community? I'm in the "medical field" and Parkview is a horrible hospital :( Hope everything went well!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RdHd37RdHd37 member
    I know I'm late to this party, but I'm hoping to save someone some heartache. I delivered two years ago at Riverside Community and will NEVER go back there again. The experience through post-op after an unscheduled c-section was fine. But it was awful after that. The main nurse I had during the day had zero empathy and I hardly ever saw her. And she only had one other patient at the time. Unfortunately, I was too exhausted and emotional at the time to stick up for myself and ask for another nurse. Unfortunately that was not my only negative experience there. I've also heard that Parkview is bad. I'm pregnant again and searching for other options.
  • Options
    Curious as to which one you ended up at and how your experience was. Update us if you get a chance.

I had DD1 at Parkview in 2010 and DD2 at Loma Linda, back in Dec. I had a great experiences with both, but I had very straight forward deliveries both times. With DD1, I labored at home for a long time and arrived at a 6. We told my nurse that I wanted a natural birth and she left us, (dh, my doula and I) alone to do our thing. I have heard from others that at Parkview, L&D is the only part of the hospital that is good and to avoid going there for anything else. Facilities wise, Loma Linda is much nicer.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    MaereMaere member
    Riverside community is terrible and id rather die then go back,and let me explain why.

I went in because I was having terrible side pain, and I was bleeding bright red blood. They took a pregnancy test which came up positive, weird cause all at home were negative. They sent me to ultrasound and told me to drink a ton of water and then theyd pull me in, i was next in line, and I ended up waiting for an hour, my pain getting WORSE my bleeding getting WORSE and having seen them pull in 10-12 people. Not my definition of next. We talked to the people at the desk, I was in so much pain I was shaking-But nothing changed and we left.

We drove to loma linda who immediatly took me in, did an ultrasound and more, and discovered quickly I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. At this point my heart rate was already dropping from blood loss, so I was rushed into surgery where they saved my life.

I would never recommend Riverside Community ever.

Parkview I have to experience with the hospital but I know the urgent care is soso and only medicates symptoms rather then illnesses so id rather not. Lol

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"