Blended Families

Mother's Day question for BM's

I know I rant on here a bit about BM and I probably come off as a total B, but I try to use this as my method of venting to keep from saying something that is only going to make things worse in our BF. That being said, I would like to take y'alls advice about starting to try and build a relationship with BM. I have zero expectations from her, but maybe if I make a few steps in the right direction, it will pay off. We don't talk on a regular basis, but we do have cordial conversations face to face at pick ups/drop offs. There are 2 other kids living at BM's house (her baby brother and her 8yo niece) that I always send gifts to for birthdays and holidays. The last two years I have also sent a pretty generic gift to BM and her family for Christmas. 

For my birthday this year, DH got me a very nice camera. We are planning on taking a few pictures of SS out in the Blue Bonnets (for those of you not in TX, this is a pretty popular kiddie/family photo op in the spring). I will probably take pictures of all of us and with SS and DH and then of SS by himself. I have learned how to put photos onto canvas, and have the extra supplies at the house already. I thought about picking a good picture of SS by himself and putting it on canvas for BM for Mother's Day, in a bag, with a card from SS (they are fairly easy to make and I would likely have him help me with painting modpodge on it). What do you think? I can't see how this could be an awful gift but I also hope that I am not just missing something huge and offensive. Like I said, we are cordial to each other, and I am sure she complains as much behind my back about me as I do about her, but I am trying to change that situation around some. We plan to take the pictures either way, and will display them in our home, but I thought it would be nice to get a good one of just him for her (he has gorgeous blue eyes- just like hers- and they would look fantastic against the flowers in the background). If I am way over the line here, please let me know. SS isn't much into arts and crafts, but I can always come up with some preschool project for him to do on his own with guidance.

fbls

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Mother's Day question for BM's

• This has nothing to do with BM/BF, but I don't like presents that someone else essentially made and the child "helped".  My mom let the girls do a tshirt for me one year, with paints and all kinds of things....she let them do it 100%.  It is

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2chatter:

This has nothing to do with BM/BF, but I don't like presents that someone else essentially made and the child "he

fbls

• Loading the player...
  • imageMelRC117:
    My first thought is "Wow! You send gifts for her other children AND to her for Christmas!?" Thats alot more than I w
    fbls

• imagewendilea:
    I think it's awesome.  If any of the kids' "other moms" ever thought of me on a holiday, I might have a heart a
    fbls

• I think it's a really great idea.
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's a nice idea. But then, DS's SM wore my pearls for her "something borrowed" when she married ex.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • imagemom2one:
    I think it's a nice idea. But then, DS's SM wore my pearls for her "something borrowed" when she married ex.
    </di
    fbls

• I think its a really nice idea. Don't have high expectations of an overly gracious response though. If you are going to doit, do it because you want to be nice, not because you are expecting her to be thankful and nice in return.
  • I think it is a very thoughtful gift!

One year BM sent me , the SM, a beautiful card telling me how much she appreciates what I do for her son.

• imageMrs.H.:
    I think it is a very thoughtful gift!One year BM sent me , the SM, a beautiful card telling me how much she appreciates wha
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • To be honest, I don't recommend do anything that is decor related. Especially wtih someone I don't have a close and personal relationship with - and even then I am cautious.  I've learned a long time ago that people like different things and if I

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Do it!  Even if she choses not to hang it, it will be lovely for your SS to hang with you while doing something nice for his mom.

I got married in the shouh of Spain, which was stunning.  We had the photographer take some individual sho

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image-auntie-:

About the blue bonnets-

Breaking Laws and Fighting Fire Ants in a Rush to the Texas Bluebonne

• So like you, I grew up in Texas... About 20 miles from Chappell Hill in fact and all throughout my childhood, EVERYONE took pictures in the bluebonnets.  Fast forward 20 years...  I married a man from Indiana and we now have a 4 month old boy.&n
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I think its a great idea, but if I were you I'd talk to SS about it first. Only do that if that's what he really wants to give his Mom. I believe a Mother's Day present should come only from the people who call her Mom. So mention it to SS, tell him all a
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Thanks for your responses. The article made me chuckle, I have always taken Blue Bonnet pictures, and we have never gone on property marked as private, it's usually the side of the road, no trampling the flowers or ant biting either. I have zero expectati
    fbls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"