1st Trimester

8 weeks pregnant with light bleeding and cramps

Hello all. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 2 days now. I am bleeding a dark brown light then a little during the day. Tonight I have felt light cramp feelings. I went to my GP today and he has booked me in for a scan tomorrow afternoon, this feels like years away as I'm worried and anxious about my baby. Has anyone or is anyone going through the same symptoms as I?

Thank you

Re: 8 weeks pregnant with light bleeding and cramps

• Good call on contacting your GP. Cramping and bleeding can be normal for some women. As long as there isn't any severe pain or heavy bright red bleeding that is soaking a pad, I would do your best to stay calm until tomorrow's appointment. It's easy to ge
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • In my first pregnancy I had no bleeding whatsoever so when I saw brownish blood (which means it's old blood) it really freaked me out. My fears were calmed though when I went in for an internal ultrasound and saw and heard the heartbeat. Don't believe eve
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Bleeding and cramping can be a sign of m/c. Then yet women do bleed during pregnancy in the begening. I expierenced that and unfortunantlly had a miscariage at 6 weeks. Now with this pregnancy It happened again luckily everything was ok. I say jus rest yo
  • imageMisszoe35:
    Hello all. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 2 days now. I am bleeding a dark brown light then
  • Just another reassuring story for you -- I had spotting at almost 6 weeks with my first pregnancy. Went in for the u/s the next day (and it DID feel like forever) and everything was fine. We even saw a little flicker of a heartbeat And now I have a 2-y

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm shy of 7 weeks , had some pretty good cramping, drink lots of water and rest as much as you can! I also had brown blood and cramping in my first trimester with my 2nd baby, all normal!  Try not to worry too much. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for your response, it makes things a little easier knowing I can talk to other woman going through the same thing. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but I have never experience losing blood :.

I will keep you posted x
  • Thank you for the response, that's made me feel a little better, when iv read about old blood I have felt fine, but then when I felt small cramp like symptoms it got to me :. Roll on half 2 when I get to know what's going on x
  • Wow is that how our nurses speak to mothers to be these days, that's terrible. I hear so many positive and negative comments, I just need my scan.

Thank you for your comment x
  • Rally!!! Now that is reassuring to know, I am glad your baby is ok, hope mine is too : xxx
  • Awwww how beautiful, thank you for sharing your story with me.

I shall update this post later, I'm now thinking positive : x
  • I am being more positive now iv read some similar story's, it makes such a difference.

Thank you for your comment x
  • I had the same symptoms. I did not miscarry. I am the happy momma to a 16 month old girl. At 8 wks I was watching a movie with the hubby and felt a gush. I went to the restroom to investigate. I was bleeding fairly heavy. It trailed off to light bleeding.
  • Wow, what a story. It's hard not to worry isn't it!!!

This is my 3rd pregnancy and have been fine with both my sons. I'm 35 and maybe a little old fashioned in regards too 'bleeding whilst pregnant is not normal' iv been bought up with that a
  • imageMisszoe35:
    Hello all. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 2 days now. I am bleeding a dark brown light then
  • Replying about my message from earlier.

I'm totally confused, my scan only detected the baby sack, therefore they said I'm only about 5 weeks, but going off my last period I should be 8 weeks tomorrow. I think I'm even more worried now as i
  • Well try not to stress too much. The first instance of bleeding in my pregnancy we went to the er. Didn't realize it was completely pointless. The er doc could not find my uterus on the ultra sound. You read that correctly. This was an actual physician

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"