MK & B&C - thanks for the call-outs in this week's checkin's and thanks everyone for the well-wishes. :)
Our wedding was awesome! While it was a little gray, and rained for just a bit, the weather was generally cooperative for Seattle in April. Honestly, like most freshly-married people I could go on and on, but here are a few highlights (feel free to skip and just go to the PIPs):
- Our ceremony was fun, simple and cute. Our vows were funny (she vowed to always pick up my shoes! what more could I want!) and then we said nice things to each other and J cried and made me cry and everyone cried. It was about 35 people for this part, and it was intimate and lovely and real. My favorite is when the officiant went to give J the ring to put on me, she held out her hand as if the officiant was going to put it on her! It was quite funny.
- It was a super relaxed, fun, eclectic crowd of around 110 for the reception and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun! I know we did!
- We had the ceremony on the new-remodeled patio at J's newer-to-her coffeeshop on Queen Anne hill in Seattle, and the reception was inside, and on the second patio too. We spent months getting the shop ready and instead of paying $ to a venue, we put it into her business! We felt so good about it!
- Our punk rock mariachi band, the Cinco Gringos, were a huge hit and super fun and funny. They do it for fun and one of the band member's has worked for J since she opened her first coffeshop 11 year ago! He said "Um, you know we usually play for drunk people at bars in the university district, right?"- but they killed it! They are all in other 'real' bands so they do have talent.
- I only had 1 pregnant friend at the reception and though I had a moment of sadness thinking about our lost baby, I also remembered that we'll be trying soon again, and that I have to just trust the right thing did/will happen. I touched her belly, told her she looked so cute pregnant, and then downed a glass of champagne. Because I could. :)
- We each chose to have a phone-free/camera free night so we'd focus on our guests and not taking self-pictures, so I don't have a lot of pix yet - but here are a few! :) I'm in the light purple dress.
The Cinco Gringos!
And, our nod to American Gothic - J has our chicken, Pacas, in hand. Thankfully we had no accidents. :) It was a risk, I won't lie.
My super pretty wife!!!
The patio all ready to go! We just had it totally re-done, so it was a dead tree and a bunch of stuff piled up before. :) We made all the flowers too!
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!
It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle