Special Needs

Update- eye rolling, any seizure moms out there?

Well, my daughter was doing some head dropping and eye rolling to the back of her head once or twice a day since last Sunday, then yesterday, she did it 30 times, that we documented.  We caught several on film, and went to the ER.  We are waiting to hear back from our doctor about an EEG.  I am so scared right now- it is awful.  She had 2 episodes this morning already.  They seem to be getting worse, very fast.  Can anyone out there tell me if they have ever had the episodes or seizures happen so quickly?  Is there any way they would go away?  I know that is a question that no one can answer, but I am in an awful state right now.  I can't stop crying, and my DH said I needed to be strong for the kids, because I am having a horrible effect on them.  I just can't help it.  I am thinking of worst case scenarios, and I know I shouldn't, but when they (whatever they is) are happening so fast all of a sudden, I can't help it.  Please, is there anyone out there who can help me?  I am writing this through tears, and I need help.  Please. Help me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update- eye rolling, any seizure moms out there?

• I have no experience with seizures, but wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

Are you still at the hospital? I hope they are able to get her in for an EEG right away. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We are not.  I wanted them to do one last night, but they said she really didn't meet the standards for an emergency one.  God, I wish I had pushed harder for that.  Because it would mean that they would have done one while she was sleeping
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not, but one of my closest friends sons has epilepsy. He is thriving under the right medication. He dropped his iep before kindie and is doing wonderfully. The majority of children who experience seizures outgrow them. I can imagine this is very scar
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Ds started having seizures at 3 months, and we were "lucky" enough that he had one in the ER examining room and they admitted him for MRI, EEG, etc. I know it is upsetting, but there is life with epilepsy! We really don't think about it much except

• imageKC_13:
    I am not, but one of my closest friends sons has epilepsy. He is thriving under the right medication. He dropped his ie
  • imageFloraK8:

My Ds started having seizures at 3 months, and we were "lucky" enough that he had one in the ER examining room and th

• imageMcRib:

My son had what I know was a seizure. We did a 20 hour EEG but they found nothing even though the ER staff noted a comp

• Go to a different ER and demand an EEG. You are the Mother and obviously a good one. They could do one. I worked in a hospital for years. I will pray you get the right Doctor who will do one.
    Do you have a childrens hospital nearby???
  • I just want to scoop you up and hug you (in a non-creepy kind of way). You are absolutely not failing as a mother. Just keep hanging on. Don't let go! If the sezieures continue or get worse again, take her right back. Or take her to a different hospital.
  • Are you referring to the ketogenic diet? That is a diet that some people whose seizures do not respond to medication use. I would not recommend it as a first method of treatment.
  • Hugs! I hope you can get some information soon. You also need to get some rest! The EEG is a special kinda mommy hell and you will need your rest to put up with the BS of it.

Nate has had really weird eye movements that were not seizure related.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imagegrbnik:
    My husband wants me to start seeing a counselor once we get through this, and I am sure I will seek one out, but unti
               image      image      image
  • Hugs to you!  My DD has epilepsy.  She had her 1st seizure at 2 wks old.  I was the only witness.  We headed to the ER and I felt like the ER doc pretty much blew us off.  Said it was probably just a startle reflex.  She had

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both of my boys have epilepsy.  Joey had his first seizure a few days before he turned 3.  I was blown off at the ER as he was fine about 10 min. in to our ER visit.  After his 2nd one... 3 months later, we had an EEG and it was clear he ha

• I know how scary it is and how hard it is to keep yourself together for your child/ren, but you're doing exactly what you should! DS's first seizure was when he was a little over a day old and it was just a slight twitch in his left eye. This was at 2pm a
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"