February 2013 Moms

separation anxiety (mine, not his)

I am incapable of being away from my babies.  We bedshare, so I literally snuggle them all night.  And I hold or wear them when we're home and I wear them when we're out, and I have a really bad habit of holding them during naps, too.  One would think I would want a break but I seriously don't like not being with them.  I know that it's better for DS to spend some time on his play mat without me hovering over him, and we do spend some time every day just letting him hang out on the play mat while I fold laundry or something like that.  But I still feel.....I dont know...guilty?  I just don't like it.  Please tell me I'm not alone in this.
Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

Re: separation anxiety (mine, not his)

• Thank you for posting this and making me feel more normal! I am the exact same way. I miss my son even when my husband holds him...it's pretty bad. We are visiting my inlaws next week and I know that will mean less time holding him for me as he's passed a
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • You're not alone.  It's so bad for me that when DH offered to pay for a massage for me this weekend I refused because I couldn't leave the baby for over an hour.  She hasn't really been out of my sight since she was born.

• I'm with both of you on this.

DD misses me too. She can hang by herself only so long before she just wants to be with me. She can spend more time with her dad or someone else but only as long as I am still there.

I think its instinctual, a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll pout and wish for a break, but get so sad when he wants to be set down to kick on his own for like, 10 minutes. I miss him when I'm in the other room. It's so weird. Or maybe it's just natural. I don't know, lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are definitely not alone! I went back to work last week and it was rough. When I'd get home I didn't want to take care of stuff around the house, I just wanted to hold LO. We also moved him into his room with his permanent crib this weekend since he S

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• image MBush4:
    You are definitely not alone! I went back to work last week and it was rough. When I'd get home I didn't want to take
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• Mine is the worst when other people are around. If it's just me and the little guy I have no problem letting him nap in his swing while I do things around the house, but when others are around and want to protect him and be there for him in case he gets u
    BFP #1: 12.30.11, MC 1.6.12 at 5w; BFP #2: 5.25.12, DS born 2.1.13; BFP #3: 9.4.14, MMC 10.13.14 at 9w
  • I feel the same way. The only reason we don't bed share us because none of us sleep well that way. That said, he will probably sleep in our room until he's in college!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • SagenSagen
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image kbates85:
    I feel the same way. The only reason we don't bed share us because none of us sleep well that way. That said, he wil
    Mom to 4 cute kids, 10 y/o girl, 8, 6, and 1.5 y/o boys
    October Sig fav fall TV show- the Mindy Project
  • image DC2London:

image MBush4:</str

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I've started to feel this way.  I'm fine once I've put him down, but it is getting myself to let him go that is killer.  I just want to hold him and feel his warmth all the time, especially because he is growing so fast.  When we were on va

• I have a different, crazy separation anxiety.  I'm already worrying about her growing up and going to college.  I keep thinking that I only have 18 years with her.  Is that nuts, or what?
  • You are not alone. I have been away from Luke one time for a few hours when my dr surprised me with an ambulance to take me to the hospital. My mom took Luke home with her and I was miserable worrying about him but thanks to technology and Apple I was abl
  • image marionravenwood:
    I have a different, crazy separation anxiety.  I'm already worrying about her growing up and going to co

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

F13 Oct Sig Challenge - Favorite Returning Fall TV Show: Sons of Anarchyimage

• image DC2London:

I know I need to start letting him nap in his crib but.....ugh I just can't do it.  They grow up so fast, I wa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • image Runaway22:
    I'll pout and wish for a break, but get so sad when he wants to be set down to kick on his own for like, 10 minutes
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not alone DC! I'm the same way.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Definitely not the only one! DH always says, "I guess you're happy with your new toy!" and tells me I'm going to need to go to rehab to break the baby habit because I can't get enough of her!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards