Breastfeeding

Help! Refusing the breast?

DS is 10 weeks old and started daycare last week. Starting in motn feedings Saturday night, DS would latch and unlatch a second later and would continue doing this on each breast. During the day yesterday he was fine. Then last night in motn he did the same thing again. Now for his morning feeding, he latched and started eating and then started crying and refusing to latch. Any ideas? Help. Is he having a bottle preference?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc
                                       My Chart
                                All AL Welcome 

Re: Help! Refusing the breast?

• AmyG*AmyG*
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

At 10 weeks most commonly refusing breast is bottle preference, esp after just starting day care.  make sure daycare is using the slowest flow bottle nipple you can find, tilt bottle downward, sit baby upright, feed slowly, stop after every o

AMYG*

I don't type posts; I type novels.

• jcar2jcar2
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Thanks. I didn't give him a bottle this morning and he eventually ate a hour later. When I dropped him off at daycare I explained for them to make it harder with the bottle, such as to keep the bottle level instead of tilting it all the way back and so fo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc
                                           My Chart
                                    All AL Welcome 
  • DS is 11 weeks and started this. I get so frustrated and even cried tonight! He gets fed my breastmilk in the bottle during the day but I use the nipple shield when I feed, when I'm home. I thought it would have been very similar. I wonder if it's hard

• DS is 11 weeks and started this. I get so frustrated and even cried tonight! He gets fed my breastmilk in the bottle during the day but I use the nipple shield when I feed, when I'm home. I thought it would have been very similar. I wonder if it's hard