Breastfeeding

Recommendation for freezer bags/bottles

I'm about to start pumping to build up a small freezer stash - prep for going back to work and optimistically a night out with my DH. My pediatrician recommended the playtex drop ins. When we tried them out, my DS seems to respond well to the  nipple (and I like the ease of cleanup) - whew.

I'm confused about using these liner bags for freezer storage though. Won't these take up a lot of room? Should I use something different - like lie flat bags? Is there a difference among the brands? For those of you with a freezer stash, what's your solution?

Re: Recommendation for freezer bags/bottles

• I used medela freezer bags and I was able to fit a lot of stored milk in the little freezer space that I have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Lansinoh freezer bags have worked great for us. The Medela ones don't freeze flat.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• I like the Lansinoh bags. You freeze them flat, then stand them up like shingles. Write the date on top and you can file through them easily. Remember FIFO! :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 10/22/13 - 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX 9/22/14 - Specific Antibody Deficiency, still investigating and working on treatment.

• I use the Lansinoh bags. Once thawed you can likely use that with the bottle and skip the actual dropin. That's what I have done before.

• image blondie42107:
    I use the Lansinoh bags. Once thawed you can likely use that with the bottle and skip the actual dropin. That'

• I prefer the target brand, they're thick and have never leaked thawing milk... My Lansinoh bags have leaked on me and seem thinner, but I hear its a rare problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards