May 2013 Moms

Passive aggressive much?!?!?

So, What would you say if....

....your spouse prepared dinner for himself and your child, but not pregnant you because he's currently mad at you because he can't understand your crazy mood swings?

Would you just let it go, or walk into the kitchen and ask him about it, calling him to the carpet for his petty behavior?

Re: Passive aggressive much?!?!?

• To add: even though you've cried and tried to explain that you can't help these hormonal mood swings!!!
  • I'd probably do something stupid like hit his food into his lap or throw it out or something. That's just ridiculous.

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

image BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I~would call him out, thats craziness
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would go ape $hit!

<AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14

• This is something my DH would do. I would ignore it and start making something for myself in front of him and eat it with them and pretend I didn't notice. It would bug him and make him feel stupid. Then later I would calmly say, "What you did earlier hur
  • image MamaJules220:
    This is something my DH would do. I would ignore it and start making something for myself in front of him and ea

• Wow...  someone has some growing up to do.  Not only is that passive-aggressive, it's immature.

I'd be pissed.  Not sure how I would handle it but just here to say that what he did was wrong.

BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• Oh I'd leave and go pick-up something delicious that he would want and then eat it in front of him.  That's BS though, he should know better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you so much.
    I know I'm not crazy. Neurotic and hormonal yes, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not totally crazy for thinking his actions are just mean.
  • I'd leave him and the kid and go get some tasty supper of my own!  And I'm sorry YH is being moody and not very understanding and pissing you off.  :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would make myself something, but I can guarantee you his plate would not be intact and his food would be on the floor :)

• image 1and1is3:
    image ~Kat~:</stro

Katherine Marie born 11/12/10 via c-section 5lbs 1oz

Dx with MTHFR Mutation 12/10

8/23/12 - BFP EDD 5/3/13
    Andrew Ryan is on his way

• image chavlin517:

Oh I'd leave and go pick-up something delicious that he would want and then eat it in front of him.  That's B

• I would make spaghetti and dump it in his lap.  
    Avery Elaine 5/21/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I would probably be a real b1tch right back. Don't men know not to pick fights with us? 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'd say that if you were acting badly (hormonal or not), then he has a right to be upset. It is weird that he played out that upset by ignoring you at meal time when he was cooking. However, violence, more hormonal yelling, and passive aggressive crap

AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF 
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Pebbles arrived safe and sound 4/13. Placenta accreta found.
    Op hysteroscopy 2/7, reopen ute/remove adhesions from accreta
    Found severe Ashermans. Fuuuuuuu... Repeat Op Hyst in March.
    Op Hyst ver 3.0 looks good so far, find out if it worked in June.
    Finally got the damn IUD out. Waiting to stop bleeding.
    SIS shows rippled funky shaped ute, but given clearance to begin sFET calendar.
    Here goes everything...
    sFET#2 BFP, ended in m/c.
    Waiting for the next Op Hysteroscopy to find out what next.
    Scratch that, retained tissue. 3rd Cytotec round.
    Another damn Op Hyst. Found and removed retained tissue.
    Pathology returned fine, no molar. Cleared for final attempt after next cycle.

"Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • As much as I would want to throw food at his face or one up him with take out, unfortunately it would only amplify his point. It sucks in this situation because the only appropriate way to act would be hormonal and crazy. Soooo, ugh... be the better perso

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • Clearly, we're only getting your side of the story.  I'm curious about what you mean by "crazy mood swings."  Generally, I am not on board with using this as a line, but I don't have a clue what happened.  Yes, leaving you out of dinner is
  • I would order a ton of take-out, set up in front of the TV, and have a giant silent feast without sharing.
  • Well not only is he not feeding his wife, but he is also not feeding his unborn baby who no matter what doesn't deserve to be punished.
  • image chavlin517:

Oh I'd leave and go pick-up something delicious that he would want and then eat it in front of him.  That's B

• I don't know all the details, but what kind of example is he setting for your child by not including you at dinner?
    "A little proofreading goes along weigh." - Me, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I can understand his frustration with the mood swings. I take out my crabbiness, especially when I'm physically uncomfortable, on DH sometimes. It isn't right, and hormones aren't an excuse.

I would apologize for the moodiness, but tell him that

• I can understand someone not enjoying hormonal mood swings but his actions were kind of mean.

I agree with PP, I would get some amazing takeout or take myself out to dinner. After that I would talk to him about things.
  • Not including you in dinner is a low, childish blow.  I would cool off, make your own dinner, and have a serious chat with him when you're calmer.

ETA: I don't know what "mood swings" means, but you may also want to ask him how your at

• That is absolutely ridiculous.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!
  • image mslaurats:
    Well not only is he not feeding his wife, but he is also not feeding his unborn baby who no matter what doesn't des
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • There are some really calm, well adjusted women on this board.  Personally, I'd go postal on DH. 

There was one time when I was pregnant with DS1 when DH did something along the same lines (he drove off leaving me in a parking lot beca

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I would be very annoyed but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. If you agree and admit that you've been acting crazy lately then I'd apologise but I'd also tell him that it's not right to make something for himself and your DS but not y
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards