Stay at Home Moms

S/o weddings

My in laws left my wedding right after dinner. When I say my inlaws I mean my DHs whole family, mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles. They made up about 25 percent of the wedding. My friends were so confused and asked if they were suppose to leave too.

I mentioned it to my mil the next day that we were sad they missed the party and she said she'd only be to weddings at churches that included punch and cake after the ceremony no reception. She had no idea we expected them to stay. She thought we were just going to party w our friends. Um ok!

No point to this. Anyone have strange wedding stories.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/o weddings

• Two of our groomsmen messed around with two of our bridesmaids the night before the wedding. It was good times. 
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.
  • That is bizarre!

My bff/MOH made out with my brother the week before the wedding. I was not pleased.

DS born 3.12

DD born 7.14

• image Andrewsgal:
    Two of our groomsmen messed around with two of our bridesmaids the night before the wedding. It was good times.nbsp;[/q
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • image Andrewsgal:
    Two of our groomsmen messed around with two of our bridesmaids the night before the wedding. It was good times.nbsp;</d
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That is super random...I have never heard of people leaving a reception because they didn't know they were supposed to stay???

I don't have any great stories, but when the jeans convo was going on, I kept thinking of my mom and her obsession with

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Oh and one of our groomsmen invited his local booty call to the wedding then asked her to leave for the reception because he wanted to hook up with the girl he hooked up with the night before. 
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.
  • At a wedding I was in in high school the groom was taken to a strip club by the bridesmaids after the wedding and before the reception and the bride was taken to another one by the groomsmen. Needless to say their marriage didn't last very long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Andrewsgal:
    Two of our groomsmen messed around with two of our bridesmaids the night before the wedding. It was good times.&nb
    http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/26/12/enhanced/webdr09/enhanced-13712-1403801446-6.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • image Andrewsgal:
    Oh and one of our groomsmen invited his local booty call to the wedding then asked her to leave for the reception
    http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/26/12/enhanced/webdr09/enhanced-13712-1403801446-6.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • image Cherryblossoms07:
    At a wedding I was in in high school the groom was taken to a strip club by the bridesmaids after the weddin

BabyFruit Ticker

• The only thing close to any fun I've done at a wedding was in New Orleans. It was a freaking blast. We drank all day before the wedding, so much so that most of the guests couldn't wear heels to the ceremony for fear of falling over in the grass. I was fi

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Why can't I fix my sig?? 
  • image LuckyDad:

image Andrewsgal:</
  • Hmm...mil was such a drunken baboon the days leading up to the wedding at the hotel where the reception was my wedding planner had to meet with hotel security and they threatened to shut down my wedding if she got out of hand.....that was fun.

Ot

Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Pretty sure DH's brother had sex with his then GF in the bushes outside of the reception hall. His tux was very rumpled and returned with grass stains.

Also, DH's best man found one of my cousins' camera and decide to go to the bathroom and

• My MIL wore a sheer leopard print top to our wedding. My cousin and H's cousin got drunk and started fighting.  H's two best friends had to kick them out. During the bride/groom chair lift, I fell out of my chair and my best friend's husband caugh

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

"The strong look for more strength; the weak look for excuses."

Married July 2009, Furbaby adopted Sept. 2010, DS born June 2012

• I have tons!

A friend in college married a Nepalis man who's groomsmen were also Nepalis exchange students.  They had no concept of an American wedding and tried to leave as soon as the ceremony was over; we convinced them to stay and dance

Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • Another one:

I stood up in a friend's wedding, and the groom's father stared at my cleavage very obviously all through dinner.  And the bride's mother kept trying to fix me up with her nephew.  

Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • I went to an extremely conservative Lutheran wedding.  The bride and groom had to go outside of the sanctuary to do their first kiss.  We then had to drive 3 hours to the reception, which was drink and music/dancing free.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • After the reception, we went to the bar of the hotel where we had our room block. One of DH's married friends stayed and the wife went home to relieve their sitter. Said friend was pretty drunk and started making the moves on my sister (who had no idea

• One of our good friends was bummed he didn't have a date to my BFF's wedding, so he invited a stripper he met the night before to attend. She was an East St Louis stripper, if that means anything to you.

That was klassy. 

J 1.15.10 | A 9.15.13

• I was a bridesmaid for one of my best friends.  They delivered her cake while she was getting ready.  It was a cheesecake and she had ordered all sorts of toppings for it.  Except they dropped them off in styrofoam containers and left.&n

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers