Stay at Home Moms

How locked up is your house?

How careful are you with locking doors, gates, etc? Do you lock your doors during the day? Just at night? If your yard is fenced, is it locked? 

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: How locked up is your house?

• We lock our doors at night, and try to remember to when we're leaving the house but it doesn't always happen.

My parents live about 5 minutes away, they don't own keys to their house. It hasn't been locked in the 20 years they've lived there, ev

• Doors are locked at all times.  Back gate is locked.  We have an alarm system that gets turned on when we leave and at night.

We live in a big city. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All windows on first floor and doors are locked at all times. Our gate isn't locked but we share access with our one neighbor. but our large bike is heavily locked in our yard.

Our old home all windows were locked and then the guard buttons
  • Cars are locked, house doors are locked, shed is locked, garage door is shut (unless I'm in the front yard with the kids) -- all the time. We don't have a fence.

ETA: in the spring/fall, I will leave the house with windows open. We don't hav

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since we don't usually go out the front door it's usually locked.  Although in the spring and fall its just the screen door.  We never lock the door to the garage, but we mostly keep the garage door shut.  The sliding glass door remains

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I grew up in a very tightly locked up house. My mom made my dad do door and window checks every night and everything was always locked. This came from my mom's experience as a rape victim. Eek. 

My husband on the other hand grew up in a hous

January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • image letranger:
    All windows on first floor and doors are locked at all times. Our gate isn't locked but we share access with our on

• We keep it pretty well locked up all the time- first floor doors and windows locked, gates locked, garage doors closed. I cannot imagine leaving my house for a week and not locking it up!
  • All doors and windows are locked unless I want to open one to let a breeze in. All 3 of our back gates and the storage shed are also locked at all times. I'm not paranoid or anything...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My door is always locked. I often have the alarm on during the day. About a year ago someone stole a bunch of bikes out of my garage while I was home. It freaked me out.

My mom lives about 10 mins away and is like your parents, she has no id

• Unless I have the windows open on a nice day, everything is locked all the time. I live in a safe area, but don't want to make it easy for someone to try a crime of opportunity.
  • Oh yeah, we do leave the door from the garage into the house unlocked. Our theory with that is that if someone gets into the garage, all they have to do is close the gagage door and then they have all the time in the world to break into the house unn

• I lock up every night. Windows and doors. My second floor I will keep windows open in spring and fall if nice out. Ac is on summer so everything stats closed and locked. During the day if nice out, I keep my screens locked when the doors are open. Mostly
    CJ :-)
  • Front/back door locked.  Garage door is usually closed.

Alarm is set at night.

• The front door is always locked because we don't use it. The only time I open it is to check the mail.

The back door used to always, always be unlocked. Even if we went away for the weekend or longer. Our windows are 100 years old, literally,
  • Fact that Sort of related, did you know that if your windows are closed you should always keep them locked so when the house settles the windows stay aligned?

CJ :-)
  • Our cars are always locked and empty because I'm paranoid.

Our house is always locked whether we're in or out because DS is a runner. He figured out how to let himself out, so I got chains for the doors that should take him a while to figure out

"The first time his laughter unfurled its wings in the world, we knew that life would never be the same."
    11.27.09*03.04.11*11.02.12*03.04.13*04.12.13

*~*All AL Welcome*~*

• image aggiecyd:
    Unless I have the windows open on a nice day, everything is locked all the time. I live in a safe area, but don't wa

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Here is a story for you guys.

My grandma's house was once broken into, and the guy came through the kitchen window (and right into the sink full of dishes) . Thankfully my crazy aunt was there and she came walking into the kitchen with a shotgun i
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Doors and windows are locked, there's a lock on the back gate and the sheds are locked. We also have a camera system.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• The front door and downstairs windows are always locked, but we leave the back patio door unlocked during the day. The back deck is more like a balcony, so it would be pretty hard to get in that way. We also keep our cars locked at all times. 

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • We are on lock down, all the time. If we are home, we will leave the windows open. I'll also leave the backdoor open if I am home. Our backyard is locked, our crawlspace is locked and our shed is locked. Our car doors are locked. We live in a "transitiona
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Our house is locked while we are here but that is mainly because my oldest knows how to open doors and we don't have a fully fenced yard. Our vehicles are locked because its habit. our sheds have locks but often aren't locked. In the summer our windows ar

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• We live at the end of a private drive in the woods, so we don't worry too much.  Our cars and shed are always unlocked.  In fact, I guess DH accidentally hit the lock button on our one car the other day and I went out to get something and act

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All of our doors and windows are locked all the time unless we are out in the yard. The door from the garage to the house is unlocked but we keep the garage door closed all the time. We also have an alarm system that we set if we leave the house and at ni
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We live in a really safe, rural area. I have little to no fear of a break in, so we lock the doors at night out of habit, or when we're out of town, but during the day they're never locked. I rarely check windows, and the backyard is gated but there's no
    Married October 9th, 2010. DD born March 11th, 2012. DS born April 16th, 2014. 

• We have deadbolts on both doors, and locks on both storm doors. If it's nice, I leave the regular door open but lock the storm door, otherwise, the doors are locked day, night, when we're out. Our yard has a 6-foot privacy fence that has self-closing g

"The strong look for more strength; the weak look for excuses."

Married July 2009, Furbaby adopted Sept. 2010, DS born June 2012

• My car is never locked and the house is sometimes locked, but usually not
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image eaglesfan700:
    My car is never locked and the house is sometimes locked, but usually not
    this is us. I would never
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.