July 2012 Moms

WWYD?

I posted earlier about not being able to nurse M for a while due to illness and medications. I bought the Tommee Tippee bottles. She will take them but she is refusing formula. She latches onto the bottle and sucks but as soon as she tastes the formula she spits it out. I cannot take my meds until I can get her to eat since they are excreted into BM. I am in serious agony. I need my pills but I need my daughter to eat. What do I do? WWYD if you were in my shoes? Thank you so much to all that helped with the bottles.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• hijoihijoi
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Do you gave any BM that you can mix in to the formula? I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope something works soon for both of you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have zero freezer stash :(. It kills me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I recommend that you pump and give her bottles if BM with 1 or 2 oz of formula mixed in so that she starts getting is to the taste and the gradually over the next few days start adding more and more formula and less BM until its all formula. She's not ta

• unfortunately, you'll have to pump and mix in some breast milk until she gets used to the taste.  You might want to try to have someone else feed her at first, because she might still only want to nurse with you. Good luck. 
  • How is she with solids? Could you mix formula in with things she likes so she is at least getting some?

TTC #2 May 2013

BFP #1 - June 4th - Natural M/C June 17. 6 weeks.
    BFP #2 - July 20 - Natural M/C July 29. 5 weeks.
    BFP #3 - September 18. Natural M/C September 30. 6 weeks.
    Break for testing.  No explanation for losses. Cleared to TTC again!
    BFP#4 - November 25. u/s 12/19 - SCH,  hb. u/s - 12/30 - No hb @ 8 weeks 2 days.  D&C 1/2.
    RE consult and testing - unexplained losses.

BFP#5 - March 8. EDD 11/19/2014. ~* Hoping and praying to meet this little one*~
    Beta 10DPO: 28 - 12 DPO: 93 - 14DPO: 331 - 17 DPO: 1438  -24dpo - 15,500!!!!
    Heartbeat 8weeks 3 days -183

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image jfresh:
    Would you consider donor milk? You could contact Eats on Feets or Human Milk for Human Babies. That may be a little fa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards