August 2012 Moms

Struggling at work

Sigh.  I just need to get this out.  I don't know if anyone can offer advice, but I just wanted to get this off of my chest.

I have a great job with great benefits.  It's close to home, extremely flexible, and I have an awesome boss who doesn't micromanage and let's me do my thing.

I don't know if it's exhaustion, or boredom, or a combination of the two, but for the past two weeks I have been so unmotivated at work.  My work deals with a lot of paperwork, so it's the same ol' same ol' over and over again.  It's like Groundhog Day.

I come in to work, sit here for a while, do a little work, hop on TB, check FB, have a snack, do a little more work, get up and walk around, fill up my water bottle, answer an email, look out the window, pluck my eyebrows, do a little work, etc.  

I just can't get it in gear!!  Has anyone ever experienced this or is anyone going through this now?  I seriously cannot get jump started these past few weeks.  It's quite maddening.  Like I said...Groundhog Day.

Isla 2
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Struggling at work

• Do you have any time off available so you can take a little vacation from work? *Hugs* It can be so overwhelming sometimes!

• This is me right now too... The bad thing for me is I have a big deadline in a week and I still can't get my shiz done. I just want to be home cuddling my baby

So I will be following this post

• I am going through a very similar situation.  Work is a little slow right now so it is not challenging.  There are tasks that need to get done but it is so hard to get motivated.  I am still tired since DD refuses to sleep well and never

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mlynne, seriously, this is my life!!!!1!1!

Honestly, there are busy times, but for the most part, you just summed up every single day for me. Exact same situation with the boss, benefits, and all that. It just boring as hell!!!

I
  • image Maizey06:
    Can you try to get out at lunchtime to kind of reset yourself? 

I do get out at luncht

Isla 2
  • This sounds exactly like me the past month.

My job is very much a self-starter.  I have to take the initiative to get things going and lately, I just haven't.  I get here and do the required tasks, but after that I am not motivated at a

734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MrsWhipple:
    Do you have any time off available so you can take a little vacation from work? *Hugs* It can be so overwhelming s
    Isla 2
  • I feel the same way.  I have zero motivation to do my job.  More and more I keep thinking about how I want to stay home.  I would have never said that a year ago.  What did Liam do to me?!  lol..  Its affecting my work though

Mom of 2 monkeys
         Christian12/06 and Liam 08/12

*~*~2 angel babies - 1/10 & 12/10~*~*

MY BLOG!

photo siggy_zps3467080c.jpg

• I'm sorry you're struggling. I don't really have any advice, but would like to offer tons of virtual hugs. I hope things get better!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, did you write this about my life? My work fluctuates and I'm definitely in a slow rut. We have annual (and semi annual) ratings each year. Our bonus is dependent on our rating (and how well the company does.) So in preparation for each review I try t

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Honestly?  It's spring fever.  Maybe you'll feel better once the semester is over?
    ****siggy warning***

DH and me... both 34... Married since 6/11
    DX: Endometriosis, Anovulation, Down to one ovary and tube since 2/14
    TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12
    TTC #2 since 5/14... no luck yet, going the natural route for now

• image kikimo327:
    Honestly?  It's spring fever.  Maybe you'll feel better once the semester is over?
    Isla 2
  • image mlynne37wiu:

image kikimo
    ****siggy warning***

DH and me... both 34... Married since 6/11
    DX: Endometriosis, Anovulation, Down to one ovary and tube since 2/14
    TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12
    TTC #2 since 5/14... no luck yet, going the natural route for now

• What do you do on your lunch break? When I worked at a desk last summer, I went outside every lunch break. Walking around and getting fresh air always helped me. The days I stayed inside were the worst days. It's nice to physically remove yourself from yo
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Reorganize your office.

Find something to do.

Don't eat that huge azz donut.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Ahhhh this is me.   I work at a University to but am not tied to the semesters either.   I am good at what I do but I don't find it rewarding in any sense other than it pays the bills.   I am the same way with my PTO.&nbsp

• I'm sorry you're struggling with this. I love routine but at the same time I hate the monotony of it all. I SAH so i know it's different from working but when I feel unmotivated I get out. Just being outside helps my mood.
    Do you have projects or d
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mylnne, so sorry you're feeling like this, but I think it might be weather-related. I'm feeling the same way! I usually love teaching, but lately I've been like, "OMG PLAY IN TUNE OR MY EARS WILL BLEED!" 

I think we all need a break. Or the

sophiecollage2 image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmb2cmb2
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper

This is exactly me!!!

My job is extremely flexible too and I even went down to working 4 hrs from home on Mondays, and then 9 hrs T-Fri so I could spend more time with LO, but my motivation to work is NON EXISTENT. 

I bf and

• This was me when I was still working.  Now I effectively do the same thing SAH, so that didn't cure it.  I don't know what the answer is but I just constantly feel like I need to get my butt in gear.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't know what the right thing to say is but *hugs*...I hope you're just in a funk.

For me, I loooved my job, pre-kids.  After kids...I'm very unmotivated as well.  Its like having kids changed the way I looked at things and put ever

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have so much to do that I am sitting here on the TB instead of doing the one million things on my to do list. On top of lesson plans, I have a mountain load of paperwork.  But the feeling I get when I pick DS up at daycare is a great bre

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards