Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

12 mths-For Those With LO's on Whole Milk

Our LO is 12 months, we just switched her last week from formula bottles to whole milk in sippy cup and she is doing great! We give 5ozs with breakfast, 5ozs with Lunch, 3ozs with afternoon snack and 5ozs at bedtime. The 3ozs afternoon used to be with supper but we found it was filling her and she wasnt eating as much as usual. Now we are noticing her not eating as much lunch and are wondering if the milk is too filling then as well. Her breakfast however is great, she eats and drinks her milk just fine, then again she sleeps for 12 hours so she is usually quite hungry.

When do you give your LO's their milk throughout the day?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 12 mths-For Those With LO's on Whole Milk

• Options
    I offer it with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before bed, and she drinks as much or as little as she wants. Sometimes she'll ask for it during the day, usually after her nap in the afternoon, and she'll drink a few oz then. Throughout the day she gets a t
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We give 8 oz after breakfast, 8 oz after lunch, and 8 oz before bed.  (My LO is small and needs the extra calories.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD might drink 5 oz of milk once a day.  We are - I cringe as I say - a tea/juice/milk household, with milk not getting much attention.  Once it wasn't in a bottle, she wasn't interested.  And with daddy and sitter offering sweeter

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She gets a sippy at breakfast, lunch, and dinner only.  She has water available the rest of the day if she wants it.  She drinks as much or as little as she wants, but it has never affected her food intake so I never had a reason to limit it.&nb
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"