April 2013 Moms

Water breaking...

FTM question ... Actually 2 questions...

If your water broke on its own was there any sign prior to it breaking that would have made you wonder if it was close to happening? Or was it a complete surprise?

If you had to have your water broken at the hospital was is painful to have done? What's the process and procedure for this?

Re: Water breaking...

• My water has never broken on its own, the doctor always had to do it at the hospital, so I can only speak to that.  Basically they put this crochet-type hook up there and pop the bag of water.  I never felt anything other than a gush of war
  • My water broke in my sleep with my first. There were no signs that it was about to happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My water broke on its own, and there were no signs or warnings that it was coming.  I was totally taken by surprise being that it was 2 weeks before my EDD.
    image       image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image sapphire021:
    My water broke on its own, and there were no signs or warnings that it was coming.  I was totally taken by s
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • My water broke naturally at 38 weeks. I had walked and stood in lines all morning at a big baby convention and wore myself out. I had some mild cramps all day and my swelling did go up a lot by that evening. That's pretty much it, I had not dilated at all

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The doctor broke mine last time and it didn't hurt
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Broke on its own. I lost the plug that morning and water broke late afternoon with small spurts no big gush. Irregular contractions started a couple hours later.
  • Mine broke on its own. I had been to the Dr. The day before and she too me it may happen so that was really the only sign.

since it broke in many small gushes (vs. one big one) I wasn't 100% sure in the beginning - so I put a pad on (to see how w

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• With my daughter, I was already in the hospital and had my membranes stripped, lost my mucus plug and then my OB was checking progress and my bag of waters ruptured. Other than that, no contractions/nausea/diarrhea/etc.

Big Sister - 7/12/11
    Little Sister - 4/28/13
  • for my friend... it was a surprise. the dr had to break it more once she got to the hospital though. she said it just felt weird.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • My water broke at 38w. No signs. I was also contracting every minute and a half and didn't realize it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my son it broke on its own in the hospital right before it was time to push. This time I had a slow leak so it was more like I peed myself on my underwear. But after I had two rounds of pitosin my ob moved her head and the floodgates opened up. I
    Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • With both girls, I woke up in the middle of the night to my water breaking. No warning sign.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With both of my labors my water broke on its own late in labor. Definitely had no warning with either. With my first, I was throwing up and thought I peed until it kept coming out. With my second, I thought it had broken in the tub an hour earlier, but
  • With DS my water broke naturally, and it was a total surprise. It happened at 38 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards