Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Advice needed- overzealous family members

My MIL is baby crazy. She had been pressuring us to have a child before we were even married. Now that our son is here (her only grandchild thus far) she invites herself down every weekend to see him. It's quite an imposition for us as we value our core family time, and when she comes over we feel like we have to babysit her!

We (yes, we. DH is in agreement with me here) were so excited that she didn't call this week to invite herself down, but low and behold, she called today to invite herself down tomorrow. When we told her we were having friends over that day (a lie on our part), she asked if she could come anyway!

We walk a very fine line with my MIL. She is self centered, manipulative, is very vocal about her opinions, but can't take criticism. She argued with us for weeks because we didn't want any visitors the day DS was born, and a month later she still throws out catty remarks about it.

Anyway, to my actual question...

How should we approach the topic of her visiting too much?

DH can't talk to his brother because he just turns around and tells their mother. This whole process has been a real eye opener for DH and he's getting very frustrated with his family.

TIA

imageimage
Our Rescue Kitties & Parents are SO embarrassing!

MINE

Re: Advice needed- overzealous family members