Babies: 9 - 12 Months

snotty, booger eyes (not eye boogers)

Sorry for the gross title:)  My son has a bad cold and cough and the last three mornings he has woke up with dried green snot on his eyelashes, almost glued shut. Almost like when you have pink eye, but it's not pink eye.  I've had to hold a warm wash cloth to his eyes and try to get these huge eye crusts off. Then he's got more throughout the day after each nap. It's driving me nuts (and he hates when I have to use the cloth to get them off).

Is this common or should I call the doc?  I'm also not sure and just curious...does this eye nastiness come about because he's rubbing his snotty nose then rubbing his eyes, or, does the snot come out of his eyes somehow (baby sinuses not fully developed like an adult or something?)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: snotty, booger eyes (not eye boogers)

• both my kids had very crusty eyes for about a month around a month after being born and the dr called it a clogged tear duct.  DS seems to get crusty eyes every time he gets a cold, but his eye ball is not red and it goes away after a day or so, so I
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Mine had the same thing after a run of a long cold. The doc said it was because their little sinus cavities are just so small, the fluid/mucus can only go so many places. Since they can't blow their noses, and there are one so many times you an torture th
  • JnA12JnA12
    Second Anniversary
    My daughter had pink eye and her eyes were never "pink". It was along with an ear infection. If it keeps happening I would get her checked out just to be sure. She was just given an antibiotic and told to stay home for 24 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image tngomaureen:
    Mine had the same thing after a run of a long cold. The doc said it was because their little sinus cavities are j

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• LO was born with a clogged tear duct and we've dealt with this problem a number of times. If the eye isn't red, we've had some luck with squirting some breast milk in the eye twice a day for 4 days. Way easier than antibiotic eye drops.
  • image JnA12:
    My daughter had pink eye and her eyes were never "pink". It was along with an ear infection. If it keeps happening I wo
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't answer where your LOs crusty eye is coming from, but my DD gave herself an eye infection from rubbing her own snot in her eye when she had a very runny nose for a week. I didn't know it was possible to do that to yourself, but she did it. We ha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers