August 2012 Moms

Keeping a journal for LO?

Does anyone else do this? I have been writing in it a few times a month since DS was born and I plan on giving it to him on his 18th birthday. I hope I can keep up with a journal for all of my kids for atleast their first year,but I'd love to be able to do it for their whole lives. (But,kids keep us pretty busy so who knows if that will happen?) Basically,I write about his seizures/doctors appointments,all of the fun things we do,how he progresses and how much I love him.

What does everyone else put in their LO's journal?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image                      

Re: Keeping a journal for LO?

• I am doing this. My mom wrote a journal for me and gave it to me when I became a mother myself. It meant so much to read it.

i usually write about her milestones, fun things we do, challenges, and how much she means to me. When I was on maternity

734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LissaLynn0682:

I am doing this. My mom wrote a journal for me and gave it to me when I became a mother myself. It meant so muc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image                      

• I keep a baby book/journal for Amir. With my daughter it was a Baby's 1st yr calendar that I used. I also got one for her 2nd yr and if I can find one for Amir I plan on doing the same. If not I'll be getting another baby book. I also made a scrapbook f

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been writing Liam letters around big events. For instance, I wrote one the night before my maternity leave was over. I found it helpful for my emotional state plus I'm hoping someday he'll enjoy reading it. I'm also in the process of writing his birt
    What a difference a year makes...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image LiliDragon:
    I'm keeping a baby book. I know it's lame, but I like them!

Not lame at all! I have one o

image                      

• I keep a baby book and a journal, although I haven't been writing in it as much as I would like. I started the journal when I was 18 weeks pregnant, the day after we found out there was a major heart problem at our a/s when we didn't really know what was
  • I try to write once a month, on his
    " birthday"
    I'm a little behind this month, but I generally write things he's doing, size, likes and dislikes.
    The day you were born was the best day of my life!
    So in love...again!
  • We set up an email account for him. I email him a few times a week with updates about what's going on (though I'm sure this won't go on forever, it's super easy to send a quick note from my phone). We also gave the address to my parents and DH's parents a

Pregnancy Ticker
  • C_moC_mo
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I journal in M's 1st year book every month... which reminds me that I'm over a month behind... yikes.

Wyatt [12.10.10] Miles [08.31.12] Eliza [Due 10.18.14]

'Sooo... when your toddler picks up a pair of Captain America underpants and tells you he's going to
    'Save America', and you tell him that he lives in Canada and he says 'where?', that's bad right?'