Multiples

Sleep patterns for 3 months olds?

Let me preface this by saying we're doing loose sleep training, as I realize most parents don't sleep train until about 4 months. We are not doing CIO as the babies are far too young for that. However we're just trying to establish good napping routines and also having both babies sleep in their cribs at night.

It's so hard because I feel like we take one step forward and then two backwards. Is this normal? I couple weeks ago both DD and DS were sleeping from about 9-3 or sometimes even 9-4 at night. I don't know if DS has started to go through a growth spurt, but all of a sudden he wakes at 1am or 2am screaming like he's starving. We've tried giving him a bigger bottle at that last feeding (8oz) which we thought would work, but it just doesn't seem to sustain him. And forget the dream feed. We tried that one night and swore we'd never do it again. It was a nightmare.

The other night, the babies cried really hard in their cribs when we put them down. We comforted them, fed the more, and they finally went down. The night after, they both went down with little fussing in their cribs and DH and I were so excited. Then last night, DD refused to sleep in her crib. Just kept crying every time we put her down and then fell asleep when we picked her up. Is this a phase? I feel like we're doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. It just is so weird how a couple weeks ago their sleeping patterns at night were amazing, and now we seem to be going backwards. It seems too early for the four month wakeful period. I guess it's true - once you think you have them figured out, they change again! Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: Sleep patterns for 3 months olds?

• Try putting them to bed earlier.  It sounds like they are overtired by the time they get to bed.  Maybe shoot for an 8pm bedtime?

Also, to get us on a consistent routine/schedule, I woke them at the same time every day.  That reall

• I agree, try to get them down earlier. 

At 3 months, mine were sleeping through the night. I realize this may have just been luck on my part though. They generally sleep 8-8. Occasionally I will have to do the pacifier replacement dance for

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards