April 2013 Moms

Baby food maker-STM

Any STMs make their own baby food? Did you use a food processor or special baby food maker? Is it a complete PITA for a full time working mom, like should I waste the $?

A couple of people have told me its not that hard (of course people who have never done it)

BabyName Ticker

Re: Baby food maker-STM

• I worked full time and made food for Charlie. We would make it every Sunday for the week and freeze it in cube trays.

We used kitchen supplies we already had to roast and steam fruits and veggies. Babies are only on mush food for 4-6 months. Not

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• My husband made baby food on Sundays too. It was something he could do for the baby since I was breast feeding and really enjoyed doing it. We were able to expose our son to a greater variety of foods by making it ourselves and he's a great eater now, s
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MIL made a bunch of baby food for us, and has it stored in her freezer.  I know she doesn't have any fancy baby blender, but more than likely used her food processor.  She had a huge garden this year and figured it would be a good idead to put s
  • I also used the food processor or blender and ice cube trays. It wasn't that hard. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

I worked full time and made food for Charlie. We would make it every Sunday for the week and freeze it in cube

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageknitfaced:
    I got one, the Beaba, as a gift and really liked it. But, as long as you already have a food processor there is no
  • I LOVED making my own baby food. It is NOT hard at all. I just used my blender. Although I did go through 2 of them when all said and done, (after 2 kids). I would just steam veggies such as sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, corn, spinach (really a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageReady4theParty:
    MIL made a bunch of baby food for us, and has it stored in her freezer.nbsp; I know she doesn't have any fancy baby
  • I skipped baby food with DD2 and did BLW, baby led weaning. You introduce large pieces of soft age appropriate food and let baby feed herself. We'll do the same for DD3.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I worked full time, MH worked opposite schedule and I had plenty of time to make my own baby food. I used Ice cube trays and mashed it myself because our food processor sucked. I felt like it was a lot cheaper for us to do it ourselves comparative

• I had a Beaba and used it to make DS's baby food. To be honest, it's kind of a waste of money. You can do the same thing with a steamer basket and a food processor, blender, or food mill.

I actually found that I got a much silkier pure if I
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I made DD's baby food, and I didn't think it was super time consuming. I used a magic bullet that we had laying around the house. I've also heard of people using food processors.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Thanks ladies! I just realized my rice maker has a steam tray. I think I'll start with my crappy blender and buy a food processor once I brake that:)
    BabyName Ticker
  • We mostly just used an emersion blender or a regular blender depending on the size of the batch and how course it was.  Regular old pots and pans too. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got the Beaba and really liked it. We actually barely used pre-made food. I made it on weekends and froze it in small containers. I plan on using it again this time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"