Pregnant after a Loss

Update-Need Advice

How early is to early to buy a car seat and stroller?  I'm only 11 weeks for those on mobile.  After doing a lot of research I found a car seat I fell in love with.  No big deal right.  Well I happened to find it on sale plus I have some other discounts to use at the retailer it's on sale.  Basically we could save about $90 plus get free shipping on the car seat and matching stroller. 

I'm thinking it's crazy to buy these things this early, aside from all my PGAL fears there is the fact that car seats expire.  DH thinks we should go for it because even if they are on-sale again we may not have other discounts to use.  I've done a lot of research on the price and even full price both the car seat and stroller were some of the best prices I've found.

I've also thought there is a chance we could get these items as gifts but knowing both our families I'm sure they would just give us the cash or gift cards.  We have the money in savings right now and I do like the idea of spacing out the big purchases. If it were the crib or something else on sale I probably wouldn't think twice about buying it this early.  It's really just the fact that I don't want something that expires sitting around not being used for this long.  I'm also afraid if I wait and don't get such a great deal I'll be kicking myself later!

Sorry this got so long!  I would include a PIP with some treats but tinypic isn't working for me right now. Sad

Update: I did it! I ordered the car seat and stroller and they will both be here in about a week!  With free shipping and discounts we ended up saving about $120 off of the regular price! I still can't believe we did it but I can't pass up a great deal like that.

Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My blog
Married 3/27/10
TTC #1 Jan 2012 BFP#1 4/17/12~EDD 12/17/12 ~m/c at 6weeks 4/22/12 ~ Morgan Quinn
BFP #2 2/25/13 EDD 10/31/13 DS born 10/23/13

Re: Update-Need Advice

• I would say go for it.  I know it's early.  We are going to cloth diaper and I am watching for deals now so we can save the most.  Also I would assume its returnable.
    BFP #1 12.23.12—1.16.13 M/C @ 7w6d

BFP #2 3.14.13—EDD 11.20.13

• image leopardgurl831:
    I would say go for it.nbsp; I know it's early.nbsp; We are going to cloth diaper and I am watching for deals now so
    Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My blog
    Married 3/27/10
    TTC #1 Jan 2012 BFP#1 4/17/12~EDD 12/17/12 ~m/c at 6weeks 4/22/12 ~ Morgan Quinn
    BFP #2 2/25/13 EDD 10/31/13 DS born 10/23/13
  • You can't jinx the pregnancy by buying something. I would go ahead and buy it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • image kklamb10:
    image leopardgu
    BFP #1 12.23.12—1.16.13 M/C @ 7w6d

BFP #2 3.14.13—EDD 11.20.13

• It sounds like a great deal, so I would go for it!  We bought our travel system and PNP pretty early on b/c the pattern was being discontinued and it was all super cheap.  Usually the expiration date is 5 or 6 years out, so buying it a few month

BFP #1 3.23.12 ~ EDD 11.29.12 ~ M/C 5.20.12 ~ D&E 5.21.12 
        BFP #2 10.21.12 ~ EDD 7.4.13 ~ DS born 6.14.13 via c/s dx IUGR
    TTC #2 starting in June 2014; OB Appt April 30th to discuss Lovenox, etc

• I would do it but leave it in the boxes.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• image magdalina.h:
    You can't jinx the pregnancy by buying something. I would go ahead and buy it.

Yes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    STAIRS! Uh oh...
  • Go for it, leave it in the box. A deal is a deal if its the one you wanted. Good luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bought our travel system when I was pg with DD1 around 12w for the same reasons. A really good sale. I would go for it. They don't expire for like 6yrs or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We just found out we are pregnant.  I am only 4wks.  This is my second pregnancy- the first was ectopic 3 months ago.  I know it's super early and based on my past history we should wait, but we're going to this awesome, huge yard sale this
    Diagnosed with PCOS
    TTC Since 2009
    July 2011- IUI #1 BPN (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Aug 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Sept 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Oct 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Nov 2011- IUI #2 BPN (Femara, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Took a break and then found a new RE
    Oct 2012- IUI #3 BPN (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Nov 2012- IUI #4 (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    BFP on November 29th
    Pregnancy was ectopic and terminated on December 8th