July 2012 Moms

Crazy Shower Update!

ETA: I did end up posting on the Baby Showers board.  I may end up directing MTB there.

That crazy shower I'm planning?

The husband has invited 5 more people.  They are the husbands of people on the original invite list.  The master list I had did not include these people, and I just got an email that the husbands have RSVPed to him (and thus he was informing me) because he told them they were all invited.

So now the FTB is inviting people.

I think I'm going to bow out of this shower.  I sent an email back saying "I doubled checked this list with [MTB] and the men were not on it.  Now they are RSVP'ing out of the blue.  Surprise surprise."

Way to start my day, huh?  I'm so mad...

(Guest list was expected to be 25-30 attendees.  Currently at 21 with 28 people left to RSVP because half of those are men).

imageimageimage
photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Its a Dragon Baby!**
Clomidx2, Femara, IUI's = BFNs

Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!
Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
HB 160 @8w; 163 @12w; 155 @16w; 145 @20-21w
C-section birth, 7.18.2012

Re: Crazy Shower Update!

• Wow I'm so sorry. I'd be mad too! I'm not sure where the shower will be but can you tell them the venue will not accommodate that many people. Or tell the ftb they need to pay the difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow that is freaking crazy!! If he wanted her to have a shower and all of his friend's there so dang bad then he can foot the bill! I would bow out. I would tell him that this is getting out of hand and this is not what was agreed upon. There were res

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Medic99:
    Wow that is freaking crazy!! If he wanted her to have a shower and all of his friend's there so dang bad then he can
    imageimageimage
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**

• That's awful, sorry you have to deal with this!

Is there any chance of the FTB paying the difference for his friends that are coming if it is that important to him for them to be there? If not, I would bow out too! Good luck!

TTC #2 May 2013

BFP #1 - June 4th - Natural M/C June 17. 6 weeks.
    BFP #2 - July 20 - Natural M/C July 29. 5 weeks.
    BFP #3 - September 18. Natural M/C September 30. 6 weeks.
    Break for testing.  No explanation for losses. Cleared to TTC again!
    BFP#4 - November 25. u/s 12/19 - SCH,  hb. u/s - 12/30 - No hb @ 8 weeks 2 days.  D&C 1/2.
    RE consult and testing - unexplained losses.

BFP#5 - March 8. EDD 11/19/2014. ~* Hoping and praying to meet this little one*~
    Beta 10DPO: 28 - 12 DPO: 93 - 14DPO: 331 - 17 DPO: 1438  -24dpo - 15,500!!!!
    Heartbeat 8weeks 3 days -183

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is crazy! Nip this MM. What men ::want:: to go to a baby shower? They can go to the bar during the shower and one of the guys can pay.

"They can never have yesterday"
  • WTH. It FTB wants to help pay and plan sure, but 20 per person!!! Ain't nobody got money for that! Sorry you are dealing with this. Id bow out as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow...that is unbelievable.  Like people mentioned on the other thread, who are these men that are actually wanting to come to a baby shower?  What is your co-host going to do?  What is she thinking about this whole thing?  This is jus

• image breezyblueyez:
    WTH. It FTB wants to help pay and plan sure, but 20 per person!!! Ain't nobody got money for that! Sorry you are de

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would be so angry! Even more so since the husband is the one who pushed you into hosting the shower!!

I would tell him that for space and money reasons it was limited to this many people and that if he want to invite people beyond that num

• That is awful. DH is best man in a wedding this weekend and the whole ordeal is costing us too much time and money. The result has been that DH and I have been arguing [first about that, now about everything] for weeks. Save yourself! I know it's not easy
  • I read your original post but did not get to comment because I was at work.  This is an awful situation.   I completely agree with britbratjf.  Tell the MTB and FTB that due to space and finances the party i

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image MissMusic:

image Medic99:</st
    E 7.26.12 | A 2.11.14

• image britbratjf:
    I would be so angry! Even more so since the husband is the one who pushed you into hosting the shower!! I
  • I am so angry for you.  This couple has no respect for your time, financial situation, and planning needs.  And seriously, what dude wants to go to a baby shower?  My guy friends would have laughed if they were invited to mine.  Tell t

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Back out now! Fuuuuuudcke them! This is not party time on your dime. They can pay for it themselves or just cancel the damn thing and use their cash for baby stuff.
  • I didn't comment on your other post but this is complete crap. I think backing out its perfectly acceptable and I would be doing the same thing. How ungrateful can you be?
  • Honestly I think you should just bow out. Even if they agreed to pay for the extra people I wouldn't trust them to actually do it.
    Sorry they are being so crazy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You girls hit it on the head.  Besides the money and space issues, its the principle.  Its not the FTB's shower.  We had all agreed on what the party would look like.  Then people are invited behind my back.  What if we all sho

imageimageimage
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**

• These might be the shiitiest, most ungrateful people ever.  How rude of them to do that to you and the other co-host.   You'd be totally within reason to bow out. "I'm sorry, friend, but things have come up and I'm not finacially able to

This miracle God gave to me,
    Gives me strength when I am weak.
    I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.
  • image zpanjwani:
    I am so angry for you.  This couple has no respect for your time, financial situation, and planning needs.&nbs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't believe this. At $20 per person how do they think inviting extra people is ok??

Regarding men going to the shower, we had a couples shower and it was extremely fun. But it was in my parent's backyard and very low key.  And ye

11/11: 75iu Bravelle + trigger + IUI = BFP!! Beta#1:615 (14dpiui) Beta#2:1280(16dpiui)
    12/5/11: Twins!

imageimage
    image"Lilypie"Lilypie">image
  • image MissMusic:

You girls hit it on the head.  Besides the money and space issues, its the principle.  Its not the FTB's

• image MissMusic:

You girls hit it on the head.  Besides the money and space issues, its the principle.  Its not the FTB's

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • zyaszyas
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image zpanjwani:
    I am so angry for you.nbsp; This couple has no respect for your time, financial situation, and planning needs.nbsp; And
  • image cwm11985:
    image MissMusic:</stro
  • If you don't want to back out, you could also remind the cohost and GOH that you were in for a certain amount of and that's all you're contributing; if they have to pay the balance or go to guests to chip in, so be it.
  • This "friend" of yours pretty much blows.

Said a Rink, "I think, I think..."  Said a Rink, "I do!  I love you!"

• I'm so sorry you're having to put up with this crap, they sound like entitled brats that don't care one bit about anyone else's feelings. I agree with PP that they can pay the difference on all these extra people, or you'll bow out. And what men want to c

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but is it too late to change the venue and have at a church or other building and make it an open house?  I suspect that since they have been randomly having people RSVP that weren't on the list that