Natural Birth

In need of support

Hi ladies. I found out between my pregnancy with DS and this pregnancy that I have 3 blood clotting disorders. I was on lovenox in the 1st tri and am currently still taking baby aspirin. At my OB appt today, we discussed if/when to stop baby aspirin. My OBs are not comfortable with me stopping anytime soon, and I agree with them, however, that means I cannot have an epidural during delivery. I had an epi with DS, and although it didn't work well, it gave me some relief for a little while. I am now seriously terrified about labor. I feel completely unprepared to do this without an epi. I've never researched any pain management techniques because I didn't think I would need to. I feel very overwhelmed all of a sudden with the idea of natural childbirth. I will gladly take any advice. Thanks!
5 losses and several failed cycles
2 miracles
J born 4/19/10
A born 5/16/13

Re: In need of support

• Did your doctor offer you any other suggestions for pain relief? I, like most of the ladies here, are planning on going med-free, but there ARE other options between totally med-free and having an epi. Ask your doctor about them. Next, start doing your re

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You're right. There are other options. Just from my experience with DS, other pain meds did nothing to relieve pain for me. I am going to start researching. I'm just hormonal and emotional about decisions being made out of my control. I just wish I had kn
    2 miracles
    J born 4/19/10
    A born 5/16/13
  • You might also want to talk to the anesthesiologist at the hospital. I take blood thinners (including baby aspirin) and they have assured me that if I need an epidural, I can have one. I've had two natural births but in case of c-section I would rather ha
  • I am here, in part, because I am on blood thinners for clotting disorder and was advised that I may not be a candidate for an epidural depending on timing of blood thinner dosage/labor onset and anesthesiologist's comfort administering knowing it could

photo IMG_1906_zpse63e33a1.jpg
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Firstly you're not being a baby. You had a plan, and now that plan has been changed on you, so it's a lot to get your head around.

I've had two fabulous natural births, but I get that it's not everyone's first choice.

My biggest battle is m

Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old

• I know this is the natural board, and I hope I don't get flamed - What about planning to stop your meds and then scheduling an induction?  I am on blood thinners too, and this was advised to me by both my hematologist and OB, although I have elect

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks you all very much! You've given great advice. I'm going to talk more with my OBs about what the plan will be. I have heard of people stopping blood thinners and then being induced. I'm not thrilled with induction, but if it comes down to that, it i
    2 miracles
    J born 4/19/10
    A born 5/16/13