2nd Trimester

Feeling fat not pregnant

Let me just say: YES, I have some body issues...but in every one of my pregnancies, I have some span of time where I feel fat rather than pregnant.  Did you experience it too?  Did you just embrace it or so something to highlight your belly??

Re: Feeling fat not pregnant

• I still just feel fat.  I keep waiting to 'pop' so I feel pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just let it go until I had a bump*. I mean, you know why you are "fat". Its because you are pregnant. So, eff the haters or anyone you think is judging you. You'll have a belly before you know it.

Edit: bump not baby lol
    Edit": let me edit!<

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yes!

Went to the pool with DD today, caught a glimpse of my relfection which was not pretty! Thought I'd just roll with it, not a lot I can do until I actually fill out bump more until super mum in her freaking bikini, athletic/super skinny frame

• Thank you ladies..I haven't gained any weight either and this is the thinnest I've been ever!!  I am sure I'll appear more pregnant soon and wish I weren't complaining about this time...
  • imagePSUBean22:
    Thank you ladies..I haven't gained any weight either and this is the thinnest I've been ever!!  I am sure I'll
  • Well, baby number three has given me a bump very rapidly beginning week 12. It is crazy how pg I look. It took much longer with one and two. I still feel pretty fat though, even with a big old baby belly. I've gained 5 lbs coming off of weight watchers. M
  • I have a bump, no doubt about it...But I do feel just fat right now because I also have a big booty (Always have had a large bottom and small waist) so I think I almost just look fat right now.  Of course, everyone that knows me knows I am pregnant,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup.  I'm tired of just feeling fat (even though I've lost weight during this pregnancy and not gained any back yet).  I'll be a little happier when the reason for me feeling fat is more obvious.

BFP #1 09/15/09, MMC 09/28/09
    BFP #2 06/04/12, EDD 02/09/13, MC at 6w3d on 06/18/12
    BFP #3 01/16/13, EDD 10/04/13, Born 09/17/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can totally relate, I just feel fat right now.  I've gained about 6 pounds and definitely have a pooch, rather than a bump.  Looking forward to "popping". 
  • I felt just fat until my belly began to harden. Now I feel pregnant.

Anniversary
  • this is soo me! i've gained about 8 lbs and it seems to be all be in my belly.  at times it kind of hard, but others it just looks like fat. i was losing weight before i got pregnant so my body issues are going crazy right now (esp since the doc says

BFP #1: January 2012, MMC/BO February 2012; BFP #2: June 2012, MMC July 2012; BFP #3: February 2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I hate the fat feeling! I'm 16 weeks and was fit before pregnancy, I've probably only gained about 5lbs to 7lbs.. But my jeans are becoming uncomfortable. I have no baby bump! It makes me so sad. I feel like I just have an extra layer of fat over my stoma
  • I feel fat, I've gained weight and all in my belly, i can't even wear my jeans anymore, always in stretchy pants. it's been rough.
  • I too have been feeling fat.  I am 13 weeks and hips as well as stomach have widen, but not in a good way (2nd baby).  Barely gained any weight, but still clothes don't fit.  I try to talk with friends and family, but they say just remember
  • I've only gained 3.5 pounds and i'm about to hit week 12, but I feel so fat. Everyone keeps asking "are you showing yet?", then they look awkwardly at my stomach. I tell them I think that's a food bump, not a baby bump yet. I'm hoping once my stomach gets hard I'll feel like it's a baby bump and replace the fat feeling. 
  • Yes!  I've always had some body image issues myself.  I always feel fat in the first/early second trimester.  It is the, "is she just gaining weight or pregnant" stage.  Nobody can tell...so I just feel fat.  It also doesn't help that your regular clothes are too small and maternity clothes are too big right now.  

It does get better though...I always feel better once I get the super noticeable pregnancy bump.

And remember...we aren't fat, we are pregnant :)     
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• I feel huge I wasn't tinny before pregnancy but I wasn't huge ither I am 23 weeks Sunday and have gained 1 pound (I lost 8 in the beginning) I feel very self conscious because I was very good at hiding my chubby belly b4 pregnancy but now it's impossible I just can't wait untill I look really pregnant instead of chunky
  • It's a part of pregnancy.
    I'm surprised so many people think one day you look normal and the next you have a perfect bump. At least there's a good excuse as to why you look fat....
  • I've never been tiny, or six pack abs. But I've always  been athletic and just bigger bones....literally....between this boys dad and I he is going to be a monster! That aside, I feel big too. I'm in that stage where people are probably like, "is she fat or pregnant".

Just remember that you know why you are bigger than normal. If people ask, you tell them why. Embrace it, the end result is worth it!!! The baby bump will come!!!

• I'll be 17 weeks in a few days.

I've always been a bigger girl.  Approx. size 14.  I've only gained 4 pounds, but I look like I've gained 20.  My belly is totally pushing out, but not in the cute "pregnant" way... in the total muffin top way!    I'm feeling very self conscious right now.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm 23 weeks and just popped a couple weeks ago. of course there's going to be that in between stage where you feel fat but eventually you get your cute little baby bump
  • Yesterday I had a lady at work tell me "Wow, you're showing a lot for only being 15 weeks. No one knew I was pregnant till 5 months". I could let this get to me, but I choose to embrace my bump!  :x
    I'm only 5' tall there's no where else for things to go but out. I've only gained 1 pound so far! The baby's healthy and so am, and that's all that matters. 
    :-bd
  • With my daughter I was a size 13 weighed 212 the day i found out i was pregnant. with her i started feeling that way around 18 weeks because i just looked fatter and not pregnant. This time around i started at a size 15 weighing 235lbs (developed a hormone disorder over the years causing my weight to yo-yo) and i'm almost 16 weeks and i already look 6 or 7 months pregnant and this time i just feel fat.
  • Ive gained around 10lbs since I got pregnant. I had a very unhealthy diet, consuming less than 1000 calories a day. Ive been eating quite a bit more lately, I want my baby to get everything it needs! Im almost 14 weeks now and im pretty sure im starting to see a bump. And also fat. I was never 'underweight' but its been hard for me to accept the weight ive put on....just embrace it, this awkward 'is she pregnant or....' stage will be over soon enough!
  • I'm a bigger girl to begin with, but I agree totally. I feel like a fatty! I haven't popped yet so I just look like I had a good ol time at a Vegas buffet. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel fat too- I am 16 weeks right now and know I have a little bump, but I have a friend who knows I am preggo but says I don't look like it still. I think part of it is bloat and the fact I ate a ton of freaking butterfingers in the last two days lol!
  • Ive gained 15 pounds and im only 16 weeks pregnant lol. I am embracing it though. My doctor told me I needed to gain that weight for the baby. I look like I have a bump but im probably just extremely bloated.. oh well, coworkers think its a bump :P
  • Mu bump blew out at my week 7 !!!
    One day I woke up in pain and I have this big hard belly...
    Since I gained more then 12 pounds and I am just at week 19...
    I was not skinny before preggo, so my baby boy does not need me to gain all this weight...
    I feel so scared........
  • angi3o said:
    Why is this thread still going a year and a half later?

for some reason people love to resurrect old threads :-q
  • I'm 17 wks/1day and I still don't look pregnant.  I've had two previous  miscarriages and never made it pass 8 weeks.  When will I began to look pregnant instead of bloated in my mid section?
  • RedMaga13RedMaga13 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm 16 weeks and still don't feel pregnant, I feel bloated like pre period (all i want to eat is chocolate and chips bloated) Lol. I'm waiting for my bump! When my family touches my belly I'm like..ehhhh don't feel it yet, it's not cute! 

• Im 25 weeks and still waiting for that "pop." Sometimes I look pregnant (usually after a hearty meal) and sometimes I look I have indulged in too much pumpkin pie.
  • angi3o said:

it may have something to do with people always suggesting to search for a thread before posting the exact same question.  then when they find one, regardless of how old it is... they just keep it going?
  • Me too! This is pregnancy #3 and each time i have my fat stage before cute belly stage, and then big belly stage. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • angi3o said:
    angi3o said:

it may have something to do with people always suggesting to search for a thread before posting the exact same question.  then when they find one, regardless of how old it is... they just keep it going?
    It's suggested to use the search button to find answers to a question that has been asked hundreds of time, not to keep it going...

Hey, I hear you... I just don't think we all engage the use of the same logic processors in the brain. lol

• I have never had body issues in my life but I do now. My boobs are big and I just look fat. Nothing fits and I don't know what to do with myself. It's horrible. I'm ready to look pregnant and not just like I have a beer gut.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Yes! I am starting to freak out... I feel so fat. I've gained 3 or 4 pounds so far which isn't too much ( although I am only 14 weeks). But I feel huge. I was very thin pre pregnancy ( also had body image issues and problems). I feel swollen. I do have a baby bump but I just feel fat! And I am freaking out I am going to start gaining way too fast. I gain about .75 pound every week the last few weeks. Ugh.
  • Yes! I am starting to freak out... I feel so fat. I've gained 3 or 4 pounds so far which isn't too much ( although I am only 14 weeks). But I feel huge. I was very thin pre pregnancy ( also had body image issues and problems). I feel swollen. I do have a baby bump but I just feel fat! And I am freaking out I am going to start gaining way too fast. I gain about .75 pound every week the last few weeks. Ugh.
    Gurl, you are in for a hard ass time if 3 or 4 pounds is making you start to freak out.  Chill.  You're bloated. Welcome to pregnancy.  
  • yes. i feel fat, not pregnant. see, the thing is, I feel like i've been holding my stomach in for about 20 years. I used to let it hang way out in the bathroom and look at myself and thing "wow - i look pregnant! haha!" except now I am. I'm letting it hang out and people are like "awww look at you mama!" and i just think, yeah, if you were with me in the bathroom 6 months ago you would have seen the same thing.
    Myself: 30 Hubs: 30  Married in 2010
    BFP: 9/17/2014 (and 9/18...and 9/19...)
    Estimated Due: 5/22/2015
    First one :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"